What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Statistics:Wins/Loses - My Theory

-JJ-

Juniors
Prior Info
I play with 15 min games, on seasoned in the NRL.

I was just looking at the stats for my NRL season and I've noticed a pattern.

Everytime I concede 4 or less penalties in a game, I win. Everytime I concede 5 or more, I lose.

The Theory
So if I only concede .26 penalties a minute, or roughly 1 every 4 minutes I should win. If the average timespan between penalties is less than that, theoritacally I will lose.

I've played 20 rounds, so its no fluke through the first few rounds.

Obviously there will be some exceptions to this, but maybe you could try it. Maybe its only with my settings, but if someone else wants to try it on other settings I would be interested in knowing the results. And skill will definitely have a major influence in the results.

I have cut down my aggressive tackles now.

manlysucks

Juniors
Thats the a really good feature of the game I think, its ultra realistic when it comes possesion. In real life when you play league at any level, the cliche's are "the less tackling you do, the greater the chances of winning", "the other team can't win without the ball", "NO PIGGY BACKS!"
So in the game, if you concede penalties, it just gives the opposition possesion and territory, and on the harder levels they score most of the time.

rabs

Staff member
If I make a silly error or two then I lose the game. Control possession and get in good kicks and you can usually win.

Latest posts