What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Junior league no longer result based

God-King Dean

Immortal
That's fine then.
At that age ive got no problems with it.
U10's and above is where i draw the line, at that age i think the lessons learnt from playing competitive sport is important.

About the age when puberty hits, & the winners get all the poon.

TeamSatan

Juniors
For people of the western suburbs, 43.

This type of racism gives me pain to my bogan cultcha.
Dont make me put on the jaffa singlet of the gws's and stick my neck out.

Anyway 6's and 7's never had finals out here for years so no results is ok for them.

Still would have results for 8's to 11's but no finals.
The crazy mongs out here go nuts at kids finals and the kids dont need to see or feel that the highlight of their parents life is an under 9's 5th division grand final victory.

Start finals @ 12's when they are past most of the mini league stuff.

Gus call me I'lll tellya.

cooko

Juniors
Do we think the decision to not play finals has anything to do with penrith juniors also employing security guards to manage parents this year.

Raiderdave

First Grade
theres no finals 6/7/8 & 9's in Canberra
the scores are kept & published

but no tables kept & as I said
no finals

so theres nothing new about any of this ........

adamkungl

Immortal
Non-competitive u10s would be pretty lame. around 7s is understandable (and has been no finals in Parra for my entire life) since the kids are still learning what to do when they get the ball and get distracted if a plane flies past.

There have got to be ways to get people to behave without taking away the competitive experience from kids.

Anyway. A bit of feeling and atmosphere even at kids games doesn't hurt. The line is obviously drawn at bullying, threatening or fighting.

Noname36

First Grade
They still know who won.

Let's not kid ourselves.

The no ladder/finals isn't anything new.

Delboy

First Grade
In the Parra Como this year, there will be no finals etc for the U6, U7 and U8s. Can understand the logic, but some boys have been playing for 4 years in the U8s, I think it's more to stop the touch line parents going off

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I reckon we should implement this into the NRL. Don't worry about finals or writing down results, just go out there for the fun of it.