What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers Eto Nabuli has signed with the St George Illawarra Dragons on a 2 ye

tumbidragon

First Grade
Pretty sure I saw him at the Nines?.. has size (195cm) and saw him burn players from a standing start. Not sure how signing him fixes our existing problems though?
But as with a lot of Fijian players, will be a crowd pleaser if he cements a spot.

Mr Red

First Grade
Errr so is he a winger? does. he have skills to play elsewhere?

Nope just wing.
Although not confirmed as a signing, if it is true it makes me wonder what the strategy is here?
I thought we have enough players already that can cover wing if Morris or nightingale are out.
It can only mean one of the above mentioned isn't in Mary's long term plans...

Soul Dragon

Juniors
Has potential but his hands are a worry.

1 or 2 of those passes weren't the best but I felt he was a little out of position which also contributed. Kiti Is off contract so maybe they are replacing him with the tht that this guy has more potential to play FG With another years development. No doubt the coaching staff are now thinking post Moz & Gypsy with the recent wake up call. The Holden Cup wingers look pretty good as well.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yearerdays game wasn't a true indication of what Eto offers. He is usually much better than that.

possm

Coach
I've always believed in the one for one method of recruiting;

a marquee player replaced with a player of similar standing,
a good first grade player replaced with a good first grade player,
a player with potential replaced with a player with potential.

The situation the Dragons now find themselve in is mainly caused by our reckless recruiting policy over the past few years. We have lost some very good players and replaced them with players of potential improvement. In most cases this risky policy proved to be unsuccessful.

Eto is a player with potential and as long as he is replacing one of our reserve grade wingers, it is a good move. If however, he is identified as the potential replacement for Morris, it is a very risky move.

Last edited:

dragonreddy

Juniors
I've always believed in the one for one method of recruiting;

a marquee player replaced with a player of similar standing,
a good first grade player replaced with a good first grade player,
a player with potential replaced with a player with potential.

The problem we have is over the past few years we have lost some very good players and replaced them with player with potential and that potential has not been realized.

Eto is a player with potential and as long as he is replacing one of our reserve grade wingers, it is a good move. If however, he is identified as the potential replacement for Morris, it is a very risky move.

I agree ,and one of the major reasons that players aren't progressing is abysmal coaching,and that is being repeated by replacing a dud coach with a rookie coach.

hazzbeen

Bench
I agree ,and one of the major reasons that players aren't progressing is abysmal coaching,and that is being repeated by replacing a dud coach with a rookie coach.
AGREE.........WE SEEM TO BE GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES ...... The prob is the people making the decisions.......:crazy:

Latest posts