What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers star Bryce Cartwright targeted by social media posts

GongPanther

Referee
Adam Pengilly
The NRL has asked the Penrith Panthers for information over a string of vile social media posts aimed at State of Origin star-in-waiting Bryce Cartwright.

The messages posted about the 22-year-old on Twitter, some of which had photos attached, started on Sunday.

The account was suspended but the NRL Integrity Unit is believed to be in possession of the messages and has already spoken to the Panthers, who count Cartwright as arguably the best prospect in a club laden with future internationals.

"The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of online activity relating to Bryce Cartwright and has asked the Penrith Panthers for further information," an NRL spokesman said.

It is not the first time Twitter has been used to target NRL players, who carry a profile which immediately attracts attention in the social media space.

The Cartwright storm is another issue this week for the NRL Integrity Unit, which has already been referred a case by the Sydney Roosters after Tricolours prop Dylan Napa was attacked at an exclusive Palm Beach party on the weekend.

Napa, 24, was reportedly asleep in the house when he was woken by a woman screaming. When he went to investigate, Napa allegedly saw a man destroying property and yelling at a woman.

Napa tried to help the woman, when he was knocked unconscious.

The news about Cartwright comes just weeks after the Panthers returned to pre-season training with expectations they will be legitimate title contenders in 2017. Anthony Griffin's side are listed on the second line of betting at $8 with Ladbrokes, behind favourites North Queensland ($7).

Cartwright's emergence during last season was a huge bonus for the Panthers, who released one his good mates Jamie Soward mid-season and then slotted the rangy back-rower into the halves alongside rookie Nathan Cleary.

The pair led their side to the second week of the finals before going down to the Raiders in Canberra.

But Cartwright, who was on the fringe of Origin selection for Laurie Daley's Blues this year, inked a three-year extension on his deal at the foot of the mountains the following week.

Cartwright, whose signature was trumpeted at the same time as skipper Matt Moylan, will remain at Penrith until the end of 2021.

He is likely to feature in Daley's thinking again this year after being one of three Panthers – including Cleary and prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard – to be named in an Emerging Blues squad last week.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ed-by-social-media-posts-20161212-gt9alf.html

Never a dull moment.

Looks like the Panthers Centre Of Excellence' has to address to the players that if there are others in the room or residence,they are potential online victims.

mozza91

Coach
Didn't read the article but Cartwright should come to Newcastle. Most of our players are shit defenders so he'd fit in.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Wow the young fella getting in trouble so soon after signing a big 3 year deal.
I wonder if the Panthers think it's to late to pull out and whether they may have to abort his contract.

I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Last edited:

no name

Coach
She finally made enough noise on social media to get an article in mainstream media.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Panthers fan?

Yep checked.

Call it as you see it without the bias. The bloke is a ckhead. Did you see some of what she tweeted?

So if I call you a series of profanities on LU, does it mean that you would be a dickhead? Maybe he is but don't believe everything you read on social media.

soc123_au

Staff member
Panthers fan?

Yep checked.

Call it as you see it without the bias. The bloke is a ckhead. Did you see some of what she tweeted?

I haven't seen all of it. What I did see from facebook a few weeks ago makes her look like a bit of a nutter. He may well be a dickhead, but imagine yourself at 22 having pussy being thrown at you 24/7. Most blokes are going to slip over and land in some of it at some point.

Arnold

Juniors
So if I call you a series of profanities on LU, does it mean that you would be a dickhead? Maybe he is but don't believe everything you read on social media.

You mean I can't believe the screen shots of the text messages he sent asking for another girls name cos he wanted to "hit it" brah?

But explained he couldn't try cos his GF was with him?

I haven't seen all of it. What I did see from facebook a few weeks ago makes her look like a bit of a nutter. He may well be a dickhead, but imagine yourself at 22 having pussy being thrown at you 24/7. Most blokes are going to slip over and land in some of it at some point.

If you haven't seen it makes it hard for you. All I'm saying is he did get a girl pregnant and tried to pay her off and the shit his ex posted today paints him as exactly what I said in my post above.

Arnold

Juniors
This thread will get messy so I will leave it with those who want to back him cos he is a young guy and those who want to back him cos he is a panther.

My opinion is he is a low dog. Take your side. /end.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
This thread will get messy so I will leave it with those who want to back him cos he is a young guy and those who want to back him cos he is a panther.

My opinion is he is a low dog. Take your side. /end.

Sorry mate I don't buy the newspapers and wasn't across this story whatsoever.. A bit of digging around and I agree with you 100%. Hope the prick suffers a career ending injury.

TheFrog

Coach
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Bryce appears to have parted company with a female acquaintance and she's reacted by making a few accusations on social media. Lessons to be learned indeed.

AJB1102

First Grade
I'm not much chop on social media so have ZERO idea of what went on.

But from the sounds of it it was humans doing human shit and were it not for social media it would have stayed between the only 2 parties concerned.

So f**k social media. The "professionals" in the media are rubbish so why would the amateurs be any better?

Latest posts