What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

maple_69

Bench
Good thing about Larry is that he seems to be really hitting his stride at the right time of year, whereas last year it was pretty clear his first full year of grade was taking its toll. Averaging 122m and 33 tackles in 55 minutes over the past 8 weeks. Feels like he's taken a step to be a bit more dominant rather than just solid.

Maybe you give Moses the start tomorrow to show us finals Motor is waiting and ready to go but if there's no change I think you'd have to look at flipping them and riding the hot hand/simplifying Moses' role.

Iamback

Coach
It's a general NRL trend. You don't see it very often because it's so hard to get it right.

You need to win the ruck on the 4th tackle so you don't have any pressure on the kicker. Fast play the ball and a quick kick across so extra defenders can't be in position to make the high ball contest a mess.

If you watch the Storm try over To'o then we get it all wrong. Edwards is on the other side of the field protecting the right so he never gets anywhere near it. McClean comes over but offers little. Luai and Geyer are too late. We are just too stretched and can't bring numbers. I see it as 3 on 1 which To'o will lose almost every time (3 on 2 if you count McClean but like I said he isn't doing much).

We let in two tries off kicks against the Storm recently so it's a focus point I'm sure. If we face them again it will Turuva on that side.

We had no backrow that game. Martin's biggest strength is his kick pressure and Garner's height.

A full strength Panthers team doesn't concede tries off kicks

The right defence Tago making tackles and hiding Nathan is my only concerns

Fangs

Coach
We had no backrow that game. Martin's biggest strength is his kick pressure and Garner's height.

A full strength Panthers team doesn't concede tries off kicks

The right defence Tago making tackles and hiding Nathan is my only concerns

Melbourne execute really well on To'o so even with full effort perhaps we don't stop them scoring there. Luai and McClean the main two who just had to scrap a bit more in that play. Edwards ends up in the frame when he is running from the opposite side of the field and Geyer isn't even on camera at all. More players around the ball welcomed in future.

We do a bit better on the Edwards/Katoa try but again its 2 on 1 in the contest.

John Hamblin

Juniors
A couple of interesting stats

Penrith have won 42 out of the last 49 home games

IF we win we will be the first team since the great St George in the 50s and 60s to win 10 finals games in a row

AND the one we all know we have beaten the Roarters 9 times in a rowi

Iamback

Coach
Melbourne execute really well on To'o so even with full effort perhaps we don't stop them scoring there. Luai and McClean the main two who just had to scrap a bit more in that play. Edwards ends up in the frame when he is running from the opposite side of the field and Geyer isn't even on camera at all. More players around the ball welcomed in future.

We do a bit better on the Edwards/Katoa try but again its 2 on 1 in the contest.

Maybe we don't I just can't remember anyone being able to put a kick where they want to against us.

Part of our game is line speed the edges that game let them kick anywhere they wanted