What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Bondi Battlers (Finals Week One)

soc123_au

Staff member
I just think back to their 1st try.

Player inside and player outside he goes inside and they score
I missed the first 30, I did see highlights though, if its what I'm thinking of then Brailey is a safer bet than Gamble.

He should have gone Gamble for sure and I doubt my suggestion even came into his mind really, point is he is the only reason they find themselves in those positions anyway.

maple_69

Bench
Our right edge attack looked structurally way better with Nath this weekend. Good depth, good decoys and everyone was in synch in terms of which option was the play. Our left still looked pretty ad hoc outside of the sumptuous double lead runner and kick for Garner/Alamoti. I don’t think the left is going to come together to be a reliable source of points, but certainly we have the craft to fashion some tries as above. I think more reliably our sets will be constructed to go left to disorganise the defensive line before a clinical right hand shift to put it over.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nath
Yeo
Hughes
Turbo (when fit)
Murray

I'd even have the all time downhill skier Mitchy Moses over Ponga.

Ponga and Walsh are fun to watch but rarely deliver anything and I'd NEVER want them in our colours.

Good list. But Pongas form is Hayne like. Agree his defense isn't top shelf. Walsh has flashes while Ponga single handed wins games. Class above.
I can't have Hughes above Grant or Munster

Alintheeast

Juniors
Good list. But Pongas form is Hayne like. Agree his defense isn't top shelf. Walsh has flashes while Ponga single handed wins games. Class above.
I can't have Hughes above Grant or Munster
Walsh, Ponga can win games but on the money they are on they should be winning Comps.
I should stop the day drinking, but the highlight of my day is every time I type Ponga my spell check changes it to pongs.

Our right edge attack looked structurally way better with Nath this weekend. Good depth, good decoys and everyone was in synch in terms of which option was the play. Our left still looked pretty ad hoc outside of the sumptuous double lead runner and kick for Garner/Alamoti. I don’t think the left is going to come together to be a reliable source of points, but certainly we have the craft to fashion some tries as above. I think more reliably our sets will be constructed to go left to disorganise the defensive line before a clinical right hand shift to put it over.
I don’t think we got to see the left on Friday because Luai always stepped back inside. Whether that was because it took too long to get to him and so there wasn’t a pass available or he was overplaying his hand Alamoti saw little quality ball and Tito almost none.

Nath
Yeo
Hughes
Turbo (when fit)
Murray

I'd even have the all time downhill skier Mitchy Moses over Ponga.

Ponga and Walsh are fun to watch but rarely deliver anything and I'd NEVER want them in our colours.
Good list. If you are talking about a regular season game then I think Haas should be in the conversation, but as soon as it is a big match he seems to go missing.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Grant is a fine player, but still over rated. Hughes is the best player in that side. Munster is on the decline.
He is but he turned our last Storm match when he stripped the ball legally from Smith. A bit like Wally Lewis he can control the pace of the game if he feels it necessary.

soc123_au

Staff member
He is but he turned our last Storm match when he stripped the ball legally from Smith. A bit like Wally Lewis he can control the pace of the game if he feels it necessary.
The guy can play, just not the at level the wankfest would suggest. Still sus defensively.

Pjf04b

Juniors
Did anybody hear Andrew Moore on ABC rip into Robinson on Saturday. He said he had turned into the biggest sook in the NRL and that the Roosters never lost by their own fault it was always the referee or some decision that cost them. He felt that he was wrong to name and blame referees for mistakes. He said it was typical that he said Klein was wrong for the forward pass and that it stopped the Roosters comeback, and didn’t mention that 4 tries conceded in the first 20 minutes was what cost them. It was wonderful to hear that somebody had the guts to call him out!

BxTom

Bench
Did anybody hear Andrew Moore on ABC rip into Robinson on Saturday. He said he had turned into the biggest sook in the NRL and that the Roosters never lost by their own fault it was always the referee or some decision that cost them. He felt that he was wrong to name and blame referees for mistakes. He said it was typical that he said Klein was wrong for the forward pass and that it stopped the Roosters comeback, and didn’t mention that 4 tries conceded in the first 20 minutes was what cost them. It was wonderful to hear that somebody had the guts to call him out!
Starting to sound like someone's feeling the heat from Uncle Nick!