What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Fangs

Coach
Big shame. I'm a fan of the concept.

Season is getting longer not shorter. Las Vegas participation will prevent any team from competing in the WCC.

MugaB

Coach
Big shame. I'm a fan of the concept.

Season is getting longer not shorter. Las Vegas participation will prevent any team from competing in the WCC.
Not really... it only affects us coz we are going to Vegas, not every GF winner will be in Vegas, especially if we win the next 3 gfs

Exsilium

Coach
Four in a row is an amazing feat. Really demonstrates the strength of the club as a whole. I couldn't be happier.

What I would like to see is the other teams being more competitive. Each have their own challenges and advantages but no one likes a weak competition or teams going unchallenged by 12-14 teams each year.

Its easy to hate on the Storm, Panthers or the Broncos and Roosters of the past for winning so much. It's harder to watch NRL each week when the difference between 1-4 and 4-8, 8-10 etc is so noticeable.

MugaB

Coach
Four in a row is an amazing feat. Really demonstrates the strength of the club as a whole. I couldn't be happier.

What I would like to see is the other teams being more competitive. Each have their own challenges and advantages but no one likes a weak competition or teams going unchallenged by 12-14 teams each year.

Its easy to hate on the Storm, Panthers or the Broncos and Roosters of the past for winning so much. It's harder to watch NRL each week when the difference between 1-4 and 4-8, 8-10 etc is so noticeable.
Why did you add in the Broncos? one good year don't put you anywhere near as good as the other three clubs mentioned, might as well call them guys the brisbane warriors

Exsilium

Coach
Why did you add in the Broncos? one good year don't put you anywhere near as good as the other three clubs mentioned, might as well call them guys the brisbane warriors

I am including teams that were consistent winners and Pre-NRL era.

The point being that when you look back historically, neutrals always hate on the consistent winners and/or glamour clubs that were consistently producing both finals appearances and competitive wins. Often when their respective teams were perceived to be so far off the mark.

We throw the word "dynasty" around but for mine, Melbourne still hold that mantle having only missed one finals series in 2002 (I think?), multiple GF wins and always being a finals contender. Yes they have a big Asterix but what's the measure of a club, GF wins or the strength of the club as whole?

We've witnessed one of the greatest club turnarounds in the NRL Era. The wins are deserved but if we maintain this level of performance for the next several years, then I'd be happy with the dynasty tag.

MugaB

Coach
I am including teams that were consistent winners and Pre-NRL era.

The point being that when you look back historically, neutrals always hate on the consistent winners and/or glamour clubs that were consistently producing both finals appearances and competitive wins. Often when their respective teams were perceived to be so far off the mark.

We throw the word "dynasty" around but for mine, Melbourne still hold that mantle having only missed one finals series in 2002 (I think?), multiple GF wins and always being a finals contender. Yes they have a big Asterix but what's the measure of a club, GF wins or the strength of the club as whole?

We've witnessed one of the greatest club turnarounds in the NRL Era. The wins are deserved but if we maintain this level of performance for the next several years, then I'd be happy with the dynasty tag.
Then add the dragons and lol@souffs, coz they are the biggest collectors of trophies, not the bronx

Exsilium

Coach
Stop moving goal posts, the Canberra Raiders were the ultimate team in the 90s, they should be the benchmark

I forgot about Canberra tbh. Thats my bad.

I just don't think the dynasty tag is represented by GF wins alone, whether they are in a row or not.

MugaB

Coach
I forgot about Canberra tbh. Thats my bad.

I just don't think the dynasty tag is represented by GF wins alone, whether they are in a row or not.
Well I'm pretty sure most others do, but just making GFs is good enough for me, Parramatta and Bulldogs of the 80s was another 2

Exsilium

Coach
Who had Riff forfeiting the WCC on their bingo cards?

I was more surprised the NRL and ESL couldn't have come to a mutual agreement to have this played in Las Vegas.

I get that commercially they are competitors but to develop world interest, you promote the game of RL and a mutual agreement could have worked. Imagine marketing the GF winners of England and Australia battling it out?

To expect them to go to the WCC and Vegas was a bit much and rightly so, the RLPA intervened.