What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I genuinely don't get the motivation behind saying it. Does he think the Panthers might finish 3rd to 8th next year? What do Penrith stand to gain out of that comment

mxlegend99

Referee
I genuinely don't get the motivation behind saying it. Does he think the Panthers might finish 3rd to 8th next year? What do Penrith stand to gain out of that comment
I think he's dirty because Panthers aren't allowed to play at their home ground venue while if Storm or Broncos host a home 3 week final they are.

Don't think he's worried about Panthers facing them at their home ground in future potentially. Just being a cry baby because other teams have stadiums that can be used in week 3.

Probably extra dirty because their stadium upgrade promise is dead and they just get a shitty renovation instead. Not that the new stadium would have been big enough to be allowed a week 3 final anyway. But my guess is he's just a bit butt hurt and would rather see other teams suffer too?

Iamback

Coach
It's more being the wrong shade of black. The theory has legs, but you need to look a bit further. Latrell and Cody, Proud Indigenous Men, Reece Walsh, Swagger, Luai & Critta Smug merkins.

I get the Luai hate, it's massively overblown though. The frothing from segments of the media over the smallest thing is insane. The Critta being a Smug merkin I don't get, he will give an occasional spray and there was the group hug thing against the Raiders a few year ago, but there are worse in every team than him by a fair margin.

That is it. Anyone who says 'Penrith are Arrogant'

hasn't heard Yeo or Edwards interviewed

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think he's dirty because Panthers aren't allowed to play at their home ground venue while if Storm or Broncos host a home 3 week final they are.

Don't think he's worried about Panthers facing them at their home ground in future potentially. Just being a cry baby because other teams have stadiums that can be used in week 3.

Probably extra dirty because their stadium upgrade promise is dead and they just get a shitty renovation instead. Not that the new stadium would have been big enough to be allowed a week 3 final anyway. But my guess is he's just a bit butt hurt and would rather see other teams suffer too?
I love a well-reasoned fan who can do better than one-eyed analysis of things their club does.

I got the exact same thing as your last sentence - a butt-hurt CEO who can't get his way, so wants other people not to, as well. Cry baby indeed.

The game is still in Sydney, more Panthers fans can go, I know it's not the same advantage as playing out West but gee, shut up and enjoy the home town advantage. Week 3 finals aren't coming to your poxy 22,500 seat stadium. Deal with it. Or go play at CommBank.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I love a well-reasoned fan who can do better than one-eyed analysis of things their club does.

I got the exact same thing as your last sentence - a butt-hurt CEO who can't get his way, so wants other people not to, as well. Cry baby indeed.

The game is still in Sydney, more Panthers fans can go, I know it's not the same advantage as playing out West but gee, shut up and enjoy the home town advantage. Week 3 finals aren't coming to your poxy 22,500 seat stadium. Deal with it. Or go play at CommBank.
Fletcher is a clown. Everytime he opens his mouth to the media he makes us look silly and weak

Iamback

Coach

To be butthurt he needs a knowledge of the game though

soc123_au

Staff member
I hope for your sake he's not like Wayne Scurrah - another club CEO who knew Jack about rugby league, sent Ivan Cleary packing and set us back 12 years. We've only now recovered from that.
Nah, he has been with us for a while. He was here when Ivan came back. He must be pretty good at his job, just needs to keep his mouth shut and not talk to the media