What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Fangs

Coach
They were disappointing despite the outs and Cleary. Far from their best. A lot of bang average players like Howarth were best on field when they should have been belted.

I'll back them to turn it on for the fans when it matters in a month.

Billythekid

First Grade
I have not seen as many pissed off Penrith fans in a very long time as last night.

The way that game was played was very telling. For the first time in ages, Penrith felt to be very much the second best side out there despite playing a solid game. The Storm were better than the score looked.

No way on Earth am I putting the line through them.....but there are many signs that they have come back to the pack this year.

They are on par with the Storm and the Dogs now as the teams most likely to win it. Despite yesterdays loss, they still play a genuine 80 minutes which is a good sign.
This is an odd framing. They lost a coin toss game by 2 points against the current best team in the comp. At worst they’re the second best team in the comp and if they face the storm in the GF the odds would be basically even. So after winning the comp 3 years in a row they might only be the second best team (maybe they’re basically even at this point). That’s hardly ‘coming back to the pack’

They haven’t looked invincible the last 3 years either. Don’t forget that the storm won the minor premiership in 2021 as well and they only won last year after the broncos suffered the biggest choke in history.

Id say they’re in a pretty similar position this year as the last 3 years.

Someguy

First Grade
I have not seen as many pissed off Penrith fans in a very long time as last night.

The way that game was played was very telling. For the first time in ages, Penrith felt to be very much the second best side out there despite playing a solid game. The Storm were better than the score looked.

No way on Earth am I putting the line through them.....but there are many signs that they have come back to the pack this year.

They are on par with the Storm and the Dogs now as the teams most likely to win it. Despite yesterday’s loss, they still play a genuine 80 minutes which is a good sign.

Roosters could run a similar plan and target to’o with high kicks and they also have some big forwards who can minimise the ruck slowing but I would still back the panthers. Panthers have every player on the same page and rarely give up easy tries like the roosters do and a big advantage in this match up is that roosters have some players that are judged harshly when it comes to sin bins and the panthers tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

Wouldn’t back any other team bar the Dolphins against the Panthers even with Cleary out. Dolphins have the ability to grind and then some players that can pull off crazy tries even when the team has no momentum and match up pretty well against a panthers team with no Cleary

Fangs

Coach
As per script that's nice.

Park the Ferrari for the rest of winter. We will drive it again when Spring arrives. For now we use the BMW (Brad Schneider).

Iamback

Coach
Roosters could run a similar plan and target to’o with high kicks and they also have some big forwards who can minimise the ruck slowing but I would still back the panthers. Panthers have every player on the same page and rarely give up easy tries like the roosters do and a big advantage in this match up is that roosters have some players that are judged harshly when it comes to sin bins and the panthers tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

Wouldn’t back any other team bar the Dolphins against the Panthers even with Cleary out. Dolphins have the ability to grind and then some players that can pull off crazy tries even when the team has no momentum and match up pretty well against a panthers team with no Cleary

No backrowers hurt us last night. No way the kicker has that much time with Martin being a pest