What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Exsilium

Coach
I think Nathan will retire much earlier than expected.

By the time 2027 comes around, he'd have achieved all there is and unless he sees himself in another sport, I think he may consider hanging the boots up to enjoy the life he has earned. Unless of course he wants to continue to make bank, stack trophies and score goals...if you know what I mean....eh eh.......

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I think Nathan will retire much earlier than expected.

By the time 2027 comes around, he'd have achieved all there is and unless he sees himself in another sport, I think he may consider hanging the boots up to enjoy the life he has earned. Unless of course he wants to continue to make bank, stack trophies and score goals...if you know what I mean....eh eh.......

I don't see it. He could be on 2Mill a year come 2027, at 29/30 years of age.. Another 5 years of playing banking 10 mill + taking endorsements into consideration.. You're a long time retired..

Munky

Coach
I've said it before but given the NRL is rolling in cash it really needs to establish NRL Films ripping off NFL Films.

There are so many stories to be told across the league.

Give us 'The Greatest Game' as a direct copy of 'America's Game' for each premiership winner since 98 (or earlier).

There is a mountain of content to be mined for the post Elliot rebuild at Penrith. Just the clips of Rothfield mocking the 'five year plan' would be comedy gold.

Fangs

Coach
Bana as Cleary is an inspired choice.

They can shoot it Nolan style with a mixed timeline narrative. Sepia style flashbacks with Ivan outside Cafe de Wheels with Gus.

'Ivan...you're done' *orders hot dog*

Trifili13

Juniors
Price's Eels were playing in a Sydney competition (Illawarra and Canberra joined in the latter years). Country had beaten City a few years before and Queensland beat NSW 82-85 (admittedly SOO). Not only was it a limited competition but it was possibly not the best in the country or even NSW.

Panthers have won their titles in a competition covering Australasia.
Did I miss an Asian team entering the NRL?

betcats

Referee
I didn't say run of premierships. I wasn't even making any claims about Manly, simply an observation about Chins then for some reason @Munky decided that it needed to be a Penrith v Manly thing. Penrith have done something that almost no other fanbase can claim their club has bettered and for whatever reason, you lot just act like a bunch of merkins.

Yeah kind of shocking Penrith fans are comparing Penrith vs other teams mentioned in a thread titled “Penrith”

Latest posts