What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

PB deadlifts yesterday at 195kgs x 4 reps proper form. Wanted to reach 200kg but probably wouldve shat myself, was absolutely spent by that point.

Thomas

First Grade
I've had a few issues in the last 6 months with my back and knees. My DL's have suffered but am finally getting up to the 120kg mark. This week I squated 100kgs for 3 reps and did 3 reps of 72.5kg OHP. Both PB's. I was stoked.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Have to say Tommy, 3x72.5kg for OHP is damn impressive.

If your DL is only 48.5kg more, you must have some knee or back issues yeah, sorry to hear?

How's your squat?

it may not be what you think, I was having my DL seriously larger than my squat, found out I got Anterior Pelvic Tilt and it was f*cking up my form.

Some trigger points on my hip flexors with a seamless cricket ball, some roller work, made me feel a million bucks, reduced my lower back pain too.

Thomas

First Grade
Have to say Tommy, 3x72.5kg for OHP is damn impressive.

If your DL is only 48.5kg more, you must have some knee or back issues yeah, sorry to hear?

How's your squat?

it may not be what you think, I was having my DL seriously larger than my squat, found out I got Anterior Pelvic Tilt and it was f*cking up my form.

Some trigger points on my hip flexors with a seamless cricket ball, some roller work, made me feel a million bucks, reduced my lower back pain too.

My DL was much better in relation to my other lifts a year ago but then I had some back strain issues and, I'll be honest, I neglected that lift.

I started doing it again this year but started with next to no weight and concentrated on form. It's getting better each time. I've also added some Straight Leg DL's for hammy fun.

My squat is probably my favourite lift. I did a 1 rep max on Friday of 110 kgs. Felt good and reckon I could have gone higher. I spend a good 15 minutes on my hip flexors using a hockey ball and foam roller every day. Also working on my squat flexibility. I reckon the best thing I've done with squats was doing the stand to squat stretch. 10 of those and I'm raring to go.

I don't know if I can progress much more with the OHP. It's starting to plateau so I'll start whacking on micro-plates. I'm thinking of getting some oly training and going from there.

shaggs

Coach
Dead lift yesterday 130kg x 7, 130x7, 130x6.

Bench on Monday was 100x6, 100x6 and 105x4.

So a good week for pb's :)

Thomas

First Grade
Did DL's today.

My final set was 3x125ksg.

Then I glance across at the guy doing 5 reps of 220kgs. Damn. Strong dude was strong.

shaggs

Coach
It's all about technique and doing it, over and over again.

I dropped my weights and re-taught myself technique and now I have blasted past my old sticking points.

I am aiming for double my weight in deads and squats and at least 1.5 for bench. Bench will be tough, since anatomically and mechanically I will struggle, but you never know.
Weighted dips and heavy dumbell bench (flat and dcline) got me up to this weight. Don't bench every week or dead lift every week either.

Started the diet on July 7, goal was to lose 25kgs before baby arrives on January 7.
Started at 115kgs...currently around the 103.5kg mark. 10kgs was the first milestone for me.

I assume you get that muscle naturally.

Ever considered a naturals body building comp? You should, just do it once for the sake of it, you definitely have the body type and discipline for it.

No ASADA investigation required here.

Considered but not for me - doesn't really appeal going on stage and doesn't take advantage of my athleticism (in fact I'd have to sacrifice a lot of this). I do enjoy bodybuilding but the whole attention on stage thing isn't for me. I'd rather put my 6-7 years of hard work into something which I can make a living out of...

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yeah, I am the same. I'd rather do a strong woman comp to be honest. Thinking of maybe entering either that or a power lifting comp next year.

shaggs

Coach
Dead lift 4x160kg @ 87kg body weight, just then.

Hurt a bit. Head spinning at the moment.