What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I competed as a sub-junior and held some records (NZ) before they were wiped. Took some time off competing with the plan to get as strong as possible for 2012/2013 junior worlds. Got heaps stronger but no real desire to get back into equipment and compete anymore. Especially when I'd have to pay my own way to worlds, which is dumb considering I'd be NZ's best ever junior lifter and still get no subsidies because it's such a minor sport (no arrogance, just stating facts).

I figure I'd rather chance my arm at some footy. More enjoyable for me and an opportunity to earn a living doing what I love (training) while having a pretty relaxing lifestyle for a while.

How about Olympic Weightlifting? We need a new Dean Lukin!

What a moment : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8X01jXKOU

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I competed as a sub-junior and held some records (NZ) before they were wiped. Took some time off competing with the plan to get as strong as possible for 2012/2013 junior worlds. Got heaps stronger but no real desire to get back into equipment and compete anymore. Especially when I'd have to pay my own way to worlds, which is dumb considering I'd be NZ's best ever junior lifter and still get no subsidies because it's such a minor sport (no arrogance, just stating facts).

I figure I'd rather chance my arm at some footy. More enjoyable for me and an opportunity to earn a living doing what I love (training) while having a pretty relaxing lifestyle for a while.

Great stats mate. Very impressive.

I'm weighing in at about 82-85kg at the moment and only lift raw. I did use a belt and wraps, but now I only use chalk and nothing else. I've had the following lift in the last 2 months, none of which are PB's because I used to lift at 105kg but got tired of being fat so decided to lose 20kg.

Deadlift: 220kg (raw, chalk)
Squat: 185kg (raw, olympic style, below parallel)
Bench Press: 145kg (raw, pause at the chest, no bounce)
Push Jerk: 120kg
Hang Power Clean: 120kg
Chin Ups: 60kg weighted
Dips: 70kg weighted

Red Bear

Referee
5 km time of 17.55 (run two and a half years ago after working 12-6am, no sleep, when fit could do better I think).
Half marathon of 89.54

Have only raced 5 times in two and a half years, two 5km runs and three half marathons, might try and find a few more runs next year. Would like to see what I can do for a ten km race as well when fit, have run 9.6 in about 44 minutes whilst training, so could take a reasonable amount off that (under 40 minutes I think).

Great stats mate. Very impressive.

I'm weighing in at about 82-85kg at the moment and only lift raw. I did use a belt and wraps, but now I only use chalk and nothing else. I've had the following lift in the last 2 months, none of which are PB's because I used to lift at 105kg but got tired of being fat so decided to lose 20kg.

Deadlift: 220kg (raw, chalk)
Squat: 185kg (raw, olympic style, below parallel)
Bench Press: 145kg (raw, pause at the chest, no bounce)
Push Jerk: 120kg
Hang Power Clean: 120kg
Chin Ups: 60kg weighted
Dips: 70kg weighted

Awesome mate, strong as, especially for your bodyweight!

P.S. wow strong location - if referring to the band (one ov my favourites)

Last edited:
Currently 105 in the morning, pic was taken after my last meal ov the day however so probably about 108 in this. Sorry for gay pic, doesn't show much. Just a record ov my current bodyfat levels I guess. Starting 8 week cut on monday, goal is 100-101 in the morning. Need to cut some more weight to help my shins (shin splints) as they're still not quite right.

dsc00267npl.jpg

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Been back training for about 4 weeks after about 4 years of being a fat bastard, finished my workout last night (deadlifts last) and had a bit in the tank so chucked 150kg on the bar and gave it a crack, got it up pretty easily. Pretty stoked as I'm pretty sure I never got past 160kg previously, good motivation to go hard and up my targets a bit :)

Cliffhanger

Coach
Currently 105 in the morning, pic was taken after my last meal ov the day however so probably about 108 in this. Sorry for gay pic, doesn't show much. Just a record ov my current bodyfat levels I guess. Starting 8 week cut on monday, goal is 100-101 in the morning. Need to cut some more weight to help my shins (shin splints) as they're still not quite right.

dsc00267npl.jpg
Cute photo lol.

What's your cutting plan like?

Broke my psuedo planche record this morning :), when I first started I couldn't even do one, now I can do over ten.

Just going to eat a bit less and do a bit more cardio. Don't have much weight to lose & aren't rushed to lose it quickly so no need to do anything drastic. Hopefully I can still make some strength gains but this is the leanest I have ever been now and I have no idea how getting into that 7-8% bodyfat range is going to affect my strength.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Goals set for end of year

Squat 140 for 3x5 reps
Bench 90 for 3x5
Deadlift 160 for 1x5

Gonna try to work out some 1RM goals in the next week.

Cletus

First Grade
I feel like a bit of a weakling reading some of these figures. I'm benching about 75kg at the moment, I'd love to get it up to 100kgs in a year. I've lost a bit of weight over the last few months and I'm eating more so it should be doable. I'm also in the 'aaargh my back!' brigade so no deadlifts or squats for me.

RHCP

Bench
Goals set for end of year

Squat 140 for 3x5 reps
Bench 90 for 3x5
Deadlift 160 for 1x5

Gonna try to work out some 1RM goals in the next week.
Good luck mate, make sure to let us know how that goes. What are you at right now?

Cletus said:
I feel like a bit of a weakling reading some of these figures. I'm benching about 75kg at the moment, I'd love to get it up to 100kgs in a year. I've lost a bit of weight over the last few months and I'm eating more so it should be doable. I'm also in the 'aaargh my back!' brigade so no deadlifts or squats for me.
Haha join the club! Just the way it is I suppose, always going to be somebody stronger. Good luck with your goal, sounds achievable.

Kong

Juniors

Thats a shame about your back because I am a believer that the increases you would get from doing deads/squat would indirectly boost your ability to get stronger at bench.

I am hoping to get to a 200kg squat by the end of next year. I have squatted 170 and felt i had a bit more but I am dropping the weight and working on squatting a bid wider and less quad dominant. Need to work on hamstring and hip flexibility so I can hit depth easier and hold a good arch.

Cletus

First Grade
I'm sure it would Kong but I really dont want to put any pressure on my discs. They seem to pop like snails lately. I'm loving doing core rows and ill do unweighted squats, plus climbing seems to help with my core strength. I'm pretty happy with how I'm going really but I've got a fair way to go.

Frailty

First Grade
Officially hit 77.15kg last night (was 76.6kg today at 11:30am but I put that down to weighing less earlier in the day)... Quite a big journey from January 2011 when I weight 119kg.

Still have a little bit of flab around the stomach, so i will continue cutting down and then when I'm happy reassess my diet and training regime to put on some bulk.

Danish

Referee
Officially hit 77.15kg last night (was 76.6kg today at 11:30am but I put that down to weighing less earlier in the day)... Quite a big journey from January 2011 when I weight 119kg.

Still have a little bit of flab around the stomach, so i will continue cutting down and then when I'm happy reassess my diet and training regime to put on some bulk.

Thats some awesome work mate!

I am a morning weigh in guy myself... weighed in this morning at 77.4kg. was 98kg in january so nowhere near the weight loss you've achieved but still happy with it.

How'd you get it done? Must have been dedicated routine to drop that sort of weight in under a year

RHCP

Bench
Absolutely smashing it Frailty, you too Danish. I can't even comprehend losing that much weight.

Frailty

First Grade
Thats some awesome work mate!

I am a morning weigh in guy myself... weighed in this morning at 77.4kg. was 98kg in january so nowhere near the weight loss you've achieved but still happy with it.

How'd you get it done? Must have been dedicated routine to drop that sort of weight in under a year

Sorry, messed up in a typo... Was 119kg in January 2010 (not 2011).

I did most of my weight loss last year dropping to 82kg last year... This year I moved to Melbourne and in the 2 months before the move went back up to 88kg - so it is good to be getting down even further.

My Routine is pretty dedicated. I'm at the Gym 5 days during the week, a swim on Saturday morning, and a light run on Sunday morning. I have also been very strict with my diet.

Danish

Referee
Sorry, messed up in a typo... Was 119kg in January 2010 (not 2011).

I did most of my weight loss last year dropping to 82kg last year... This year I moved to Melbourne and in the 2 months before the move went back up to 88kg - so it is good to be getting down even further.

My Routine is pretty dedicated. I'm at the Gym 5 days during the week, a swim on Saturday morning, and a light run on Sunday morning. I have also been very strict with my diet.

That makes a bit more sense, but even so dropping 40kg in under 2 years is a big task.

I haven't set foot in a gym myself. Always found when i did in the past I'd end up going to hard, hurting myself then just hitting the maccas again. I took to walking, then running this time and thats all I do. Can't really hurt yourself that way so took away the excuses. Normally run 5 times a week, then just do 40 mins on the exercise bike on my 2 days off to give my knees a break.

One of the things you don't really think about when losing a lot of weight is how much its going to cost you in clothing. I've had to replace most things in my wardrobe because they are just swimming on me. Although can't really complain as its a good problem to have

Thomas

First Grade
I keep injuring myself when I go running. I have pulled muscles in both of my calves and my physio has recommended I go and see an podiatrist. In the meantime I am hitting the gym hard and doing cross fit exercises and heavy compounds on alternating days. I haven't lost kilos but I am dropping clothes sizes.