What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perspective

Mr Red

First Grade
4 losses all away (3 by big margins, 1 robbed)
All to top 4 teams

Wins all narrow but all to teams immediately below us except the improving Roosters (at their home ground)
Based on current form, we can match it with the Dogs, Raiders and Eagles and all below us on the table.
SOO will not overly impact us
So apart from the F&A, we're travelling okay
Tweak the attack and we're a top 4 chance most likely 6-8 and slowly crawling up the ladder
:shock::shock::shock:
on one hand you mention we get smashed by the top 4 teams, and then you say we are close to being a top 4 team?

seriously we are closer to a bottom 5 team rather than a top 5 team.
IMO the dogs, raiders and eagles all have us covered this year...irrespective on places on the ladder they are all playing a better brand of football and look far more capable of structured attacking play in order to score points..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apart from Bronco's, Cowboys and maybe Sharks at this moment every other team is equal imo apart from probably Knights. It's a lottery who will make the bottom part of the 8 at this stage of the season.

Mr Red

First Grade
Apart from Bronco's, Cowboys and maybe Sharks at this moment every other team is equal imo apart from probably Knights. It's a lottery who will make the bottom part of the 8 at this stage of the season.

i would also put Storm in that group as well...

Cagey Mac

Bench
:shock::shock::shock:
on one hand you mention we get smashed by the top 4 teams, and then you say we are close to being a top 4 team?

seriously we are closer to a bottom 5 team rather than a top 5 team.
IMO the dogs, raiders and eagles all have us covered this year...irrespective on places on the ladder they are all playing a better brand of football and look far more capable of structured attacking play in order to score points..

The top 4 teams all have SOO to contend with and an aging roster of stars
Anything happens to (and I'll bet 2 or more from the list below miss substantial time though the trials of origin)
Thurston
Morgan
Coote
Smith
Cronk
Hunt
Gillette
Parker
Scott
Maloney
Gallen
Ennis
and you have a likely weakening of the upper echelon
Cronulla have a chance but the injury gods are going to have to be looking very favourably upon them
I said most likely 6-8th but a chance
Parra will loose points and they're next most likely and the Dogs aren't the Dogs of old.

grouch

First Grade
It's telling that we are relying on the really good teams to drop down to our level thanks to rep duties and injury.

We are a long way off the pace. The teams we beat assisted us by playing terribly - it's not like we dismantled teams with our own brilliance.

Cagey Mac

Bench
You could argue that Grouch though I'd dispute that we played badly in our wins
Defence was strong and though we didn't attack for 80 minutes in any game, we have shown signs of improvement.
Top teams are top teams with the exception of Brisbane & Cowboys IMO because they invest in a top heavy roster. Depth, either by choice or circumstance is perhaps our forte.
Time will tell

Old Timer

Coach
We are a team that has narrow wins and some horrible losses.

Our for and against is abysmal.

The above comments are true of last year and this.

Now have a look at the competitive teams who have a real chance to compete for the title.

That gives you the real perspective of where we sit.

Struggling team far from the one that won the 2010 title in real style.

Make no changes and we will stay bottom feeders and spend a lot of time in the wilderness.

Make significant changes now and reap rewards in 2 - 3 years and have some pleasure along the way with a team that learns how to play an attractive attacking style of football.

What we do now even if we did it 110% well will not win a comp.

dragondonar1

Juniors
At this point of the season i dont care how we play as long as we get the two points.
I just hope mary and the rest of the coaching staff are improving the team so we can peak at the right time.
As passionate supporters of the best team in the world we really love to put pressure on the team. I think we should relax and enjoy the fact that we are still capable to get 2 points by playing poorly. The effort in the team is there and hopefully they click towards semi final time. This is the tough period and it will get easier in a few weeks with more home games and no more traveling.
Go the Dragons.

gonz

Juniors
Well maybe I am just pi$$ed off at following a miserable conservative style of play in the 2 nd half.
They just play like a rabble its all one out, no support and the kicking is awful.
The forwards make good ground but where is the support??
Where are the play makers? running off Ahmau,Cooper etc?
I am sorry it is poor coaching and the team are playing like also rans fmd.:oops:

They did the same 2nd half v Titans no points scored holding a lead, same yesterday bar the 2 points, coached to close up shop? Maybe

I think they r just coaches to play touch footy run and dump, embarrassing stuff

We are a team that has narrow wins and some horrible losses.

Our for and against is abysmal.

The above comments are true of last year and this.

Now have a look at the competitive teams who have a real chance to compete for the title.

That gives you the real perspective of where we sit.

Struggling team far from the one that won the 2010 title in real style.

Make no changes and we will stay bottom feeders and spend a lot of time in the wilderness.

Make significant changes now and reap rewards in 2 - 3 years and have some pleasure along the way with a team that learns how to play an attractive attacking style of football.

What we do now even if we did it 110% well will not win a comp.

Your most astute post to date.

Straight Shooter

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints did concede 2 non tries you know. They win 20-6 and it is a huge difference.

I hope that Mary and the team learn from this that no matter how much in front you are and how good you defend, the way the refs and bunker is going the opposition can still snatch a win. And if they lose due to a poor decision, they have themselves to blame for not going on with the job. If Roosters win, that would have hurt them and possibly changed their way of thinking although the fact that the Chooks nearly won should also make them think this.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes we are 4W 4L

The 4W have been ugly and not definitive but at least they are wins.

True perspective is the 4 W's are against teams below us on the ladder so isn't that to be expected?

When we start knocking off those above us and climb above them on the ladder, then we are achieving something that can be really celebrated.

Until then IMO we are only doing what we are supposed to do and should only crow how good we are going if they were emphatic which unfortunately they were not.

So what perspective should we have re the FT score against the Warriors?

If we win by 2 lots will say a win is a win however with our record against them and the way they are going what should we win by to show we are really progressing?

Latest posts