What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Beattie

JamesRustle

First Grade
What was wrong with them? Opening ceremony was good, athletes seemed happy, bits I watched looked reasonably attended. Integration of abled and disabled athletes was ground breaking. Even the usually negative media seemed reasonably positive.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...ght-event-for-australia-at-right-time/9644810

The closing ceremony was dissapointing with athletes not turning up but not sure you can make them.

What were the other bad bits?
Opening ceremony tickets printed with wrong date details and issued... a well led organisation pays attention to detail (correct tickets) and understands what it's customers want (watch athletes carry flags).
I didn't watch any so don't know if anything else was stuffed... hear something about a heap of security contractors walking off the job.

Big Salad

Juniors
I went down to the Games on a handful of occasions and found the whole experience was enjoyable and well organised. Very easy to get there and back via public transport and had a wonderful time inside the venues.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tbf if you’re going to rip off a famous soccer clubs jersey you have to accept misidentification will happen Lol

Life's Good

Coach
Tbf if you’re going to rip off a famous soccer clubs jersey you have to accept misidentification will happen Lol
It would be ok for him not to recognise a Perth jersey but this is twice now that he made glaring errors. I was prepared to cut him some slack but twice from a self confessed ‘passionate league supporter’. Dave Smith, was pilloried for the ‘Benji Barba’ gaffe but he had an excuse, he was a banker. Beattie doesn’t have an excuse other than he’s a w*nker.