What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan leaves Eels for Broncos

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...brisbane-broncos/story-fn2mcuj6-1226883968186

THE man who discovered try-freak Semi Radradra in a rugby sevens tournament has returned to the Broncos, three years after he was punted. In a coup for the Broncos, Eels recruiter Peter Nolan has shocked Parramatta officials by resigning to rejoin the club he spent a decade at from the turn of the century.
Wayne assembling his team? Time will tell. Don't be too butthurt about it, Parra guys. He's already done some great work for you. Semi-trailer is a freakshow.

What a load of bollocks :lol:

Semi Radradra is any Fijian coming through the Sevens scene any year.

Any team in the comp could "scout" a f**king Fijian Sevens star. You don't need a Peter Nolan to do it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They're not all young enough to go straight into the NYC though. They still need time to learn the game. This isn't the 80s; there is a massive difference between the way the two games are played these days.

Radradra was 19 when he came to Parra. You wouldn't want to sign them any older than that, and you're unlikely to find them any younger.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Might as well say " any black guy can play NBA"

Semi showed the other night he also has good hands

Picked up a ball from his ankles on run in wet to score

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eels recruiter Peter Nolan has shocked Parramatta officials by resigning

they like to dramatize it a bit

we've only known about this for a few months as he said he wanted to return home with his family some time ago

there are plenty of others around who have an eye for potential

Delboy

First Grade
The Broncos are lucky that Nolan is my age with children and grandchildren

That's the reason he is returning, being away on scouting duties his wife wanted to be close again to family, the Eels aren't shocked as it was common knowledge this was the thinking. A great bloke and a good recruiter, hope he does well and I don't think there will be anyone at Parra that wishes him anything but success

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yeah he's done well for us. We thank him alot.

We'll be fine. We've always had a good junior set up. We've had a rough few years recently, but we'll get back on top.

oikee

Juniors
Ripper, the first thing Nolan can do is find two replacements for half a game Hodges and ouch i am always injured Jack Reed.
Copley and Vidot are the future, now we need our own Fijians to boast ailing crowds.
Stay away from Sandow.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hardly shocking news for the Eels, they expected it I am sure, and wasn't it reported some time ago that he would be leaving, just never revealed where to.

It is great to see the Broncos sorting out their scouting and recruitment side of things.

oikee

Juniors
They are like damm leaches these Sydney teams and the clubs for that matter.
For years they neglected the bush comps and clubs, i mean look at the basketcases run into the ground with in-fighting and merges that have failed.

Then they send out ex-players like Joey and freddie to instead of putting in the effort, simply find a Fijian and try to make out they are wonderful grassroot guys, helping the game grow.
Bullocks tossers, you have simply found one or two players that fell into your laps, and like the game,,,, have done very little to even grow the game in your own backyards, never mind in Fiji.

This guy Nolan, i mean you can see why Corey Norman ended up at the eels, and Semi Radradrah probably fell into his lap as well.
You me the man on the moon could spot a sevens union player who could play wing in league.

Now Sydney again has simply walked in and stole a couple of PNG guys, before they can even aligne themselves with a NRL club, which is what all the Queensland cup and NSW cup teams are supposed to do, not just have Sydney teams come along and again cherry pick players.
No wonder Sydney is a basketcase, you only need to look at these undermining tactics of these clubs to see why. They want these players but hardly put in any effort at grassroots.

It is why the guy our west tigers way is making so much noise about the tigers. Even the Tigers only care about the Balmain side.
Why stick up for these scavengers clubs.

Newtowneel

Juniors
Yeah why stick up for the leaches! Make Sydney clubs play in a comp all by themselves! I for one wouldn't mind that idea!