What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Penaia

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Can anyone remember this guy (btw i'm not sure how to spell his last name)?
He came to the Raiders a few years back, and was the biggest guy in league - yes, bigger than Willie Mason.
He never played 1st grade, but this guy was massive, and won the arm-wrestle comp on the footy show.
Anyone know what ever happened to him? He never lived up to expectations, and seemingly just disappeared...my guess is that he may have gone to lower-grade rugby union, but really i have no idea...

Raider_69

Post Whore
got the arse cause he was useless, went up to Nth Qld to play for a local team and if memory serves me got the arse there too for punching his coach

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
got the arse cause he was useless, went up to Nth Qld to play for a local team and if memory serves me got the arse there too for punching his coach
You serious? Well i'm glad he's goooooooooone then. I was just curious as to where he disappeared to. I'm amazed sometimes at hearing the names of former raiders players who appear playing country footy - i'm like, "hey, i remember that guy! So that's where he went..."
Guys like Adam Peters, Greg Wolfgramm, Odell Manuel, Anthony Swann, Jason Burnham, James Buser, David Atkins, etc...nobodies that just disappear...

Mickxpt

Juniors
there were a couple of player you mention jason burhnam / david aitkins

they were around for a while and came off the bench for a few games, started the odd game, others in this catergory were probably mark corvo
jason death although they did play for other clubs.

Spike

First Grade
Penaia is currently playing for Wynnum in the Qld Cup

Buser is playing for Yass with Darren Porter

Asbock is playing for Goulburn

Peters is/was captaining West Belconnen

Manuel and Swann are playing the Bartercard Cup

Atkins/Wolfgramm not sure about, could still be playing in Group 8

No idea about Corvo

sydraider

First Grade
Penaia played two first grade trials if i recall correctly, one agains the london broncos at gosford and another against the dogs ( I cant remember where).
It was in this second game that he was absolutely smashed by Paul Rauhihi, went off straight away and was never seen near first grade again.
This was after a week of talking up in the media, about his size.
Rauhihi gave him a welcome to first grade big time.

chub

Juniors
Big Pete played for the Central Comets for a couple of seasons and left for Wynnam on a better deal. The punching incident was with another player not the coach, only got fined and suspended for that. Pete happens to be a top bloke of the field.

Latest posts