What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter "snorkel" Sterling

imasharkie

Coach
I am interested to know what has become of the greatest commentator of all now that he has been axed by nein. I am a heavy viewer of the NRL on paytv and am hoping like hell that Sterlo comes on board with them and gives their callers/commentators a bit of credence.
I live in QLD and get very little info from our media regarding the rest of the league world outside of this state, so I am hoping that someone somewhere will know what has happened to THE SNORKLER.

ByRd

First Grade
Hasnt he just left The Footy Show but will still be commentating for Ch 9 on the weekends.

Y2Eel

First Grade
He still is a commentator with nine and hopefully will host the Sunday footy show....

But seeing he is gone from the Thursday show and they are adding willie mason the show wont last the year....

Y2Eel

First Grade
Charlie124 said:
I thought they added Luke Ricketson

I think they did aswell but they put willie on for a year contract as he thinks he might make the NFL :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Many people will tune off now knowing Willie Mason will be on the show, me included.

I hope to god it doesn't last, any show which retains the likes of FW ( Chief) instead of Sterlo deserves to be punted.

fatshark

Bench
I cant stand that dickhead Ricketson. Always see the blokes mug in the back pages of fashion rags at b listed parties. The king of metros....

nqboy

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
they are adding willie mason the show wont last the year....
:roll: FMD. We've been forecasting its death for years now but it as resilient as a cane toad, just refusing to die. It's a lot like Hey Hey, stupid low-brow entertainment used to sell ad time.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Why the hell would you not watch a rugby league show because someone you dont like it is on it, your idiots to be honest.

It gets old when all people do is bag the footy show all the time.

Meanie said:
The irony.
Haha, i was hoping someone would see that :D

I liked Sterlo, definitely think he should have stayed. But everyone is saying he got fired, but are we sure of that? Or did he walk away from that because of the extra workload of monday night football?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I cant wait for the Thursday night "Mathew Johns hour of tom foolery" should be great.

For about 5mins. :sarcasm:

i hope he isnt sacked for commentary team..Willie mason!..the show is light hearted but i really dont think his head should be on there..what were they thinking!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Well ima i haven't heard too much about sterlo getting the axe in the sydney papers.

If its the thursday night footy show(and that only) he has been axed from then i don't think its too harsh, BUT i do think other heads should have been chopped before sterlo i.e chief.

Now getting willie on the pannel is a bit odd. Personally I would have gone for someone like benji marshall who can entertain and is a bit witty

Mr Saab

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
i hope he isnt sacked for commentary team..Willie mason!..the show is light hearted but i really dont think his head should be on there..what were they thinking!

Sterling has not been "sacked" from the ch9 commentary team

Only the thurs footyshow

Nathan B

Juniors
You guys are kidding yourself.

Judging by the number of threads on here dedicated to Willie the ratings will go through the roof. You can't get enough of him.

And if the old "we're just taking it a week at a time" floats your boat, then, yeah, you better hope Willie doesn't appear. He is someone who has the balls to speak his mind.

Sugar

Bench
eels_fan_01 said:
Why the hell would you not watch a rugby league show because someone you dont like it is on it, your idiots to be honest.

It gets old when all people do is bag the footy show all the time.
It never gets old bagging that dumbass show