What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

mongoose

Coach
So rugba league. What an embarrassment.
as a chairman he probably shouldn't say it but he has a point. You haven't been around Australia enough if you don't get the cultural hostility Victorians have towards Rugby League and anything from Sydney. Perth is different, they don't have the same snobby and extreme parochial ways of Melbourne. They will accept League a lot faster than Melbourne.

JD-Roo

Juniors
Dude if its good enough for Origin, its good enough for a grand final. Especially a Storm Grand Final.
Biiger issue is whether the ground would even be available. Week after the AFL Grand Final is always booked in case of a draw.
Not sure if this has been replied to yet as I'm still catching up, but there's no draw/replay in any of the finals anymore, so the MCG would be available.

Perth Red

Post Whore
as a chairman he probably shouldn't say it but he has a point. You haven't been around Australia enough if you don't get the cultural hostility Victorians have towards Rugby League and anything from Sydney. Perth is different, they don't have the same snobby and extreme parochial ways of Melbourne. They will accept League a lot faster than Melbourne.
He's supposed to be the head of the NRL (that stands for NATIONAL RL by the way) not some pssed up Sydney bloke rolling out the pub telling the world how sht he thinks Melbourne is!

And no he doesn't have a point. If Melbourne was as bad as Sydney folk seem to think it wouldn't be about to become the biggest city in Australia. Reality is, compared to many places in the world, Australian cities are awesome. I haven't been to one I haven't liked, except maybe Canberra which is just a weird place.

King hit

Coach
He's supposed to be the head of the NRL (that stands for NATIONAL RL by the way) not some pssed up Sydney bloke rolling out the pub telling the world how sht he thinks Melbourne is!

And no he doesn't have a point. If Melbourne was as bad as Sydney folk seem to think it wouldn't be about to become the biggest city in Australia. Reality is, compared to many places in the world, Australian cities are awesome. I haven't been to one I haven't liked, except maybe Canberra which is just a weird place.
Victorians are plague carriers it’s great to take the piss out of them. I’ll never forget the Victorian family I meet at Noosa who were bragging about how the Victorian coastline was better. Told them to get f**ked to their face. Felt great

King hit

Coach
This post gives me joy
It’s insane it’s like they are on some ambition to shit on the world. Shane Warne in his autobiography has a whole chapter about how amazing Melbourne is. Their dickhead premier was bragging to everyone how their control of that stupid virus is better then everyone else lol okay

Wb1234

Referee
It’s insane it’s like they are on some ambition to shit on the world. Shane Warne in his autobiography has a whole chapter about how amazing Melbourne is. Their dickhead premier was bragging to everyone how their control of that stupid virus is better then everyone else lol okay
Warnie is about the only good thing to come out of that state

thing about Melbourne is it’s jealousy of Sydney
Meanwhile Sydneysiders don’t even care

Pneuma

First Grade

God this bloke never stops whinging, and complaining. He vents his hate here endlessly. What a miserable prick.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And yet the head of the NRL and multiple posters in this thread have shown that to not be true.

For mine, this is childish bullshit
yeh for people who dont care they seem to spend a lot of time talking about melbourne!

Wb1234

Referee
And yet the head of the NRL and multiple posters in this thread have shown that to not be true.

For mine, this is childish bullshit
It is

but omg it’s been funny his pot shots at the afl

even better is the afl is now copying his ideas with their “gather” round lol

mongoose

Coach

what's Melbourne becoming the biggest city have to do with their ingrained hatred of Sydney and Rugby League?

someone I know compared Canberra to Pyongyang the other day. I lol'ed

Frailty

First Grade
Melbourne definitely has a thing with Sydney. When I moved here, I was constantly asked which city I preferred to live in or liked better.

However, this idea that Melbourne hates Rugby League is simply not true. You may find the odd person who does, but the vast majority either don’t care about it or casually follow it. There’s no discussion about how aggressive League is invading like NSW and QLDers talk about AFL as far as I’ve seen.

Melbourne definitely has a thing with Sydney. When I moved here, I was constantly asked which city I preferred to live in or liked better.

However, this idea that Melbourne hates Rugby League is simply not true. You may find the odd person who does, but the vast majority either don’t care about it or casually follow it. There’s no discussion about how aggressive League is invading like NSW and QLDers talk about AFL as far as I’ve seen.
Outside of these forums, there's no such discussion about AFL either. The biggest thing I hear these days is about how rugby union is a mess and dying. Other codes just exist in the typical Sydney ether and rank below some nose beers, property prices and the beach as our obsessions.