What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wynn Score

fibroboy

Juniors
I have noticed that Peter Wynn is trading out of the old Commonweath Bank building in Church Street. Can anyone confirm his store has been flood damaged?

junior009

Juniors
Heard Pete on the radio saying that they had. Apparently they're having a flood sale. If anyone goes in let us know if the sale is worthwile.

He was on the BSB yesterday, saying a pipe went in the shop. So, yes, seems to be true about the flood damage.

Seemed to have some decent savings on some stuff - but, like lots of stores, more than likely the things that he spruiks on radio are loss leaders, just to get people into the store. Sorta like Coles or Woolies selling Coke on special all of the time, and people go there to buy there Coke, but usually buy something else, and there's where they make all of their margin.

beagle

Juniors
There is a "one day sale" sign out the front alot of the time. I guess we will have to guess what day the sale is

ElectricEel

Juniors
He was on the BSB yesterday, saying a pipe went in the shop. So, yes, seems to be true about the flood damage.

Seemed to have some decent savings on some stuff - but, like lots of stores, more than likely the things that he spruiks on radio are loss leaders, just to get people into the store. Sorta like Coles or Woolies selling Coke on special all of the time, and people go there to buy there Coke, but usually buy something else, and there's where they make all of their margin.

YES! Someone else who understands how Woolies/Coles are deceiving the public. f**k, I hate them!

Hellsy

Immortal
Loss Leaders are not deceiving the public.... I'm not saying they are great businesses - they have only profits in mind. But Loss Leaders is a very common way to get people into your store and very legal.

ElectricEel

Juniors
Loss Leaders are not deceiving the public.... I'm not saying they are great businesses - they have only profits in mind. But Loss Leaders is a very common way to get people into your store and very legal.

Yes they are being deceptive. By telling you in their ads about discounting etc. Compare their prices across the board compared to other retailers. Remembering their immense buying power.
They are deceptive. And they are killing manufacturers, competitors, local butcher, green grocers etc.

Sorry people, I get a little fired up about These 2 retailers. They are evil.

Hellsy

Immortal
What you are stating is not deceptive unless the loss leaders are not available when you go in to buy them, then that is called bait advertising. Loss Leaders are widely used in most retailers with chains of stores in this country. By offering them and telling you about them is not deceptive and what they, and other retailers are doing is NOT illegal.
I understand your thoughts on big business especially the 2 mentioned and I understand how small business is being effected by them but deception is not what they are doing here.

ElectricEel

Juniors
Without hijacking this thread, they deceive by the way they advertise their pricing. Making you think that every item in the store will be cheaper AND fresher than anywhere else. Very deceptive.

Anyway, Ive had my rant. Will end here. Thankyou all. Cheers, Hellsy. ;-)

Hellsy

Immortal
Yep. Sorry, but they are constantly looked at and are deemed not deceptive by the powers that be in the Govt... the same Govt people that clear my stores from the same things. Interpretation of advertising differs per person I'm afraid, just like opinions on football. I don't feel deceived by the 2 major's you mentioned at all based on their advertising - but I do prefer to buy my fresh stuff from the local's to keep them in business even if they are a little mor expensive.
What Woolworths are doing with blocking out the use of the credit option with Visa Debit cards on the other hand is just plain disgusting.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well Jess and I went down there today to have a looksee, there is $$ of most things but I wouldn't be rushing down for bargains or anything, the $$ off are fairly small on most items.
Altho, we did pick up some small-mid size origin bags for $5 each - the are this season's sounds like they over ordered :lol: