What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wynn Score

Jodeci

Bench
Yes they are being deceptive. By telling you in their ads about discounting etc. Compare their prices across the board compared to other retailers. Remembering their immense buying power.
They are deceptive. And they are killing manufacturers, competitors, local butcher, green grocers etc.

Sorry people, I get a little fired up about These 2 retailers. They are evil.

when an item clearly states "Save $2.00", this must be a true reflection otherwise legal matters arise and they get into massive trouble.

let me guess, are today tonight and a current affair still giving it to woolies and coles?

hahaha. those shows are a joke and wouldn't have a clue on how they operate

Nikki

Coach
I love it when those shows chase Coles/Woolies.. Takes the heat off Aussie Post! :lol:

Glad I mentioned loss leader's - gave some grunt to this thread...:lol:

Personally, I use them sometimes in my business, to get my foot in the door. It is then up to the customer to decide if my service,price, reliability etc etc is worth buying everything else off.

We are only a little company in Castle Hill, that has been around for over 20 years, and trying to compete with the BIG BOYS. I have to provide superior customer service as my "sell" point (which I do), to gain & retain my business. It is a struggle, because everything comes down to the almighty $

The internet is currently ruining our business, because you go to websites like shopbot, and there are people selling stuff below cost - but what the customer doesnt realise, is that they are paying heaps for the freight charges (and thats where the dealer is making their money - which is legal).

I believe it is only a matter of time, before the big 2 - Coles & Woolworths put more effort into killing their competitors by using on-line shopping. They will use their buying power & maybe introduce their own logistics for delivery, to make it more attractive for people to buy online, than go down to the shops.

By the way - I think Peter Wynn "scores" - every time you "score" something from his shop.:lol:

Tyler Durden

Juniors
the big one nobody has picked up yet is the fuel discounting.

spend $30 with us get 4c off per litre - kill off the small retailer and the petrol independents in one swoop.

and on the online thingy - woolies are going gangbusters on is the everyday money credit card. they are tracking what people spend their money on to get loads of data on their customers spending habits - where they shop, what time they shop, how often they shop, how much they spend, the size of their shopping basket, the combination of products they buy, percent of items that are on special...lots and lots of data. and then they will use this data to profile customers and then send them emails with specials that are specifically targeted to their profile to draw them back into the stores again and again.

Suitman

Post Whore
the big one nobody has picked up yet is the fuel discounting.

spend $30 with us get 4c off per litre - kill off the small retailer and the petrol independents in one swoop.

and on the online thingy - woolies are going gangbusters on is the everyday money credit card. they are tracking what people spend their money on to get loads of data on their customers spending habits - where they shop, what time they shop, how often they shop, how much they spend, the size of their shopping basket, the combination of products they buy, percent of items that are on special...lots and lots of data. and then they will use this data to profile customers and then send them emails with specials that are specifically targeted to their profile to draw them back into the stores again and again.

And the people who religiously watch Today Tonight or A Current Affair will take up their offers, because that is the dumbarse market they are after.

Suity

Latest posts