What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition to Save NRL on UK TV

ali

Bench
Well that's not a great outcome either. If it ends up on Setanta sports, they'll have to fork out an extra $400 a year to watch NRL.

Copa

Bench
ali said:
Well that's not a great outcome either. If it ends up on Setanta sports, they'll have to fork out an extra $400 a year to watch NRL.
Not if they watch it at the pub...

IF this is true..... it's better than nothing which is what I thought was going to happen... and it also shows there is a competitive TV market for the NRL overseas.

nadera78

Juniors
How odd! Never would have imagined Setanta would get involved in RL but it cold make things interesting in a few years time when ESL tv rights are up for grabs. Especially if they get good audience figures for NRL coverage.

Although it does bugger up my tv package, might have to get rid of some stuff in order to get Setanta.

Copa

Bench
nadera78 said:
How odd! Never would have imagined Setanta would get involved in RL but it cold make things interesting in a few years time when ESL tv rights are up for grabs. Especially if they get good audience figures for NRL coverage.

Although it does bugger up my tv package, might have to get rid of some stuff in order to get Setanta.
Setanta already broadcasts Rugby League in some countries.

I'd wait and see though... I've not heard about this anywhere else.

ali

Bench
Copa said:
Not if they watch it at the pub...

IF this is true..... it's better than nothing which is what I thought was going to happen... and it also shows there is a competitive TV market for the NRL overseas.

The problem I found when I was over there Copa, is it's not too easy to find a pub that's open at 10am in the morning. It's easier to go and watch an NRL game at a gym than a pub.

nadera78

Juniors
Setanta is an irish sports channel. You used to only see it in the uk in irish pubs (proper paddy pubs, not those chain ones) and it only really showed horse racing and gaelic games. A couple of years back it bought the rights to scottish soccer and slowly expanded. Through my cable provider, NTL, it costs £15 a month to get Setanta but it comes with t channels dedicated to Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow celtic, North American Sports network and some other bit and bobs.

I don't know how many subscribers they have. I already pay 40-odd quid a month for my cable package, to include Setanta at another 15quid, I'd probably have to lose something like the movie channels package, otherwise it would just be getting too expensive. Might do it if they do start showing NRL matches but it would depend on how many they were gonna cover each week.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks N78. If they show all 8 NRL games that are televised in the southern hemisphere, it might be worth the extra expense. If it only shows the two games like Sky, then probably not. Agree it might be interesting if they try and bid for the next Superleague contract.

Copa

Bench
bartman said:
What is Sentana? I've never heard of it, how would one tune in?
setanta broadcasts in Oz too.

http://www.setanta.com/content/setanta/website.nsf/page/e4e0bdd7e882246f802570440031b27d_?open&parentpageid=9deb16ebce9c9bd680256e6d004aca75&
SETANTA SPORTS now delivers live international sports via satellite, direct to your home.

To receive SETANTA SPORTS you need the correct satellite equipment and a subscription to SETANTA SPORTS. The monthly subscription charge is $29.95.
Because SETANTA SPORTS is not available on Foxtel or Austar you require a separate satellite dish and decoder box to allow you to watch SETANTA SPORTS at home.

If you do not have the necessary satellite equipment you can purchase it directly from SETANTA SPORTS official supplier of satellite equipment, AAACOM or call 1300 AAACOM (22 22 66).