What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF2 Panthers vs Rabbits

Kev07

Juniors
Rabbitohs averaged 44 points in there last 3 games (Roosters,Knights and Eels)
We kept them to 16!!!

May's inclusion at centre tonight was a defensive decision.
Coaching staff made the right call tonight.

He was solid there tonight in defense and had a hand in 2 of our tries.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Rabbitohs averaged 44 points in there last 3 games (Roosters,Knights and Eels)
We kept them to 16!!!

May's inclusion at centre tonight was a defensive decision.
Coaching staff made the right call tonight.

He was solid there tonight in defense and had a hand in 2 of our tries.

May had a great game tonight. Defended everything that moves. Just hope and pray Fish and Zane don't get suspended.

chrisD

Coach
Naden has been having a ball playing in the strongest team in the league against trash opposition. When we finally came up against quality opposition he was comfortably our worst player and a massive liability. He was repeatedly proven out of his depth defensively, gave away the two most stupid penalties of the game, one incredibly costly, and was anonymous in attack.

It isn't complicated, bashing up shit teams and beating the best are different things.

The Realist

Juniors
It's Elliott level stuff minus the Purts boner.

This got a big laugh out of me. I was the biggest critic of Elliot and his love for Purtell. It became a joke toward the end. Wasn't a big fan of Smith either though he ended up being an okayish player.

The funniest part was that there were people on Panthers Interactive that would defend these 3 to the death. Clown level stuff.

The Realist

Juniors
Dyl has to be the most underrated player in the league. So consistent week in week out. Comes does his job and leaves

He is a better than competent fullback and I am happy he is in form this year. In saying that though he isn't a game breaker or match winner that other teams have.

Tedesco, RTS, Tommy Turbo, Gutherson, Mitchell, Ponga, even Brimson and Klokstad, are comfortably better players then he is.

Edwards though suits our currently play style nicely. Fairly safe and consistent with excellent support and good kick returns/yardage. If he can further develop his passing game he may creep up a few spots in the Fullback rankings.

tripster

Juniors
Tamou complains to ref.
Ref: You wanna challenge?
Tamou: Yes.
Ref: Sorry your 10 seconds is up.

Yes that was absolutely appalling. For what was a really terrible call in the first place.

Sutton also gave up reffing the ruck. The only way to earn a six again was markers offside. Holding down didn't earn one - the rules have changed for the finals. At least we abused that as much as the Rabbitohs. Unfortunately it'll be Sutton or Klein who ref the GF. I don't know which one is worse for us - probably Klein.

This got a big laugh out of me. I was the biggest critic of Elliot and his love for Purtell. It became a joke toward the end. Wasn't a big fan of Smith either though he ended up being an okayish player.

The funniest part was that there were people on Panthers Interactive that would defend these 3 to the death. Clown level stuff.

Nathan Smith wasn’t the most skilled player, but I grew to respect him a lot because he always gave 100%.

martielang

Bench
Big call from Cleary re; Naden but thought that side did a serious on walker & co. Given its likely to be wet, can’t see anyone but May at centre again next week but we definitely lack another dimension in attack with him not on the bench. Tbh can’t understand why Whare hasn’t had another run if he wasn’t sold on Naden.

Thought the starting front row was tremendous tonight. Tamou going seriously close to one of the best buys our club has made imo.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Big call from Cleary re; Naden but thought that side did a serious on walker & co. Given its likely to be wet, can’t see anyone but May at centre again next week but we definitely lack another dimension in attack with him not on the bench. Tbh can’t understand why Whare hasn’t had another run if he wasn’t sold on Naden.

Thought the starting front row was tremendous tonight. Tamou going seriously close to one of the best buys our club has made imo.
Whare is totally finished as a first grader offers literally 0 in attack.

martielang

Bench
He is a better than competent fullback and I am happy he is in form this year. In saying that though he isn't a game breaker or match winner that other teams have.

Tedesco, RTS, Tommy Turbo, Gutherson, Mitchell, Ponga, even Brimson and Klokstad, are comfortably better players then he is.

Edwards though suits our currently play style nicely. Fairly safe and consistent with excellent support and good kick returns/yardage. If he can further develop his passing game he may creep up a few spots in the Fullback rankings.

I give you the first 3. Ponga & Mitchell on their best days, absolutely, but they aren’t in the same stratosphere in terms of consistency, effort or work rate.

He plays the way we need him to play. His ability to get between defenders when bringing the ball back, falling on his front & getting us momentum, is of the main reasons we control field position. Severely under appreciated. A massive reason To’o & Mansour are so effective.

betcats

Referee
He’s a human pinball when he returns the ball.

It’s ridiculous, told he was to small in Harold Matts and now he bounces off NRL props and back rowers with ease.

He made a tackle against the roosters I think on JWH(it was definitely one of their big guys) who had lined him up and charged and Brian just stood his ground, hit him low, picked him up and drove him into the ground. I was in awe.

I think he was my motm last night tbh, he just had so many important runs plus the try.

betcats

Referee
We don’t need him to offer anything / much, Hence why May was picked over Naden.

Tbf May offers plenty in attack. He’s a good ball player, he probably has the best long pass in our side and he’s a solid ball runner. His skills and quick thinking against the roosters got us Crichtons try last week. He scored one last night and his chase in our first one was vital in that try, he definitely creates points.

martielang

Bench
Tbf May offers plenty in attack. He’s a good ball player, he probably has the best long pass in our side and he’s a solid ball runner. His skills and quick thinking against the roosters got us Crichtons try last week. He scored one last night and his chase in our first one was vital in that try, he definitely creates points.

He certainly offers something in the middle of the field, which is why Id prefer him off the bench. Imo he can’t utilise his best attributes at centre.

It’s too late now regardless, I’m not bringing in Whare at this point. Just thought it would’ve made more sense to give Whare a run v Dogs & see how he goes from there.