What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould gives Timmy a HUGE wrap

Hurriflatch

Referee
On the Sunday Footy Show Phil Gould gave Tim Smith a HUGE wrap saying that while Smith does make some errors he still creates a lot more by trying things even if the don't come off it doesn't stop him trying something again the next play.

He also said he hopes Parramatta fans (not sure why he targetted the fans) give Tim Smith some slack as in a couple of years he'll be very good but may need 2 seasons to get to his best.

He went as far as to say the recent top halfbacks players like Andrew Johns, Brett Kimmorley and Craig Gower were no better then Timmy at the same age and stage in their careers.

Utey

Coach
I dont think Timmy could have done much more than he has already done this season. But we continually hear commentators saying for us to give him slack. His been one of our best this far into the season. And if he continues to be we will win a lot of games to come. Timmy will continue to get better and Ive seen him play a lot better than he has in the lower grades. His that damn good.

rowdy

First Grade
Awesome! Just as long as we keep him!

You can tell he's always planning something and it's good to see him telling the other older guys where to go. He's got so much respect from them.

:clap:

Pazza

First Grade
Ahd our forwards are having a much easier time this year running off Smith than just one out stuff all the time.

Hellsy

Immortal
Timmy is a gold star! The senior players have alot of respect for the kid, he is such a modest person also.
He will be a winner as long as we can keep hold of him :D
I don't know about any of u guys, but I have not heard any fans bagging Timmy at all??

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd go so far as to say Timmy has the best passing game I've seen from any player so far this year. He just times his passes perfectly and places them so well. He's always scheming and trying things, and he can sum the situation up so well. He's as composed as a guy who's been playing for years, rather than a kid in his first year of the top grade. Thank god we didn't sign Leuluai, Smith sh#@s on him from a great height already!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he didn't need to tell me how good he is, but I really don't have much time for Gus and his opinions

booeycollector

Juniors
Hellchick said:
Timmy is a gold star! The senior players have alot of respect for the kid, he is such a modest person also.
I don't know about any of u guys, but I have not heard any fans bagging Timmy at all??

Agree

Redback71

First Grade
attamarap make i love your sig the thing is every time i read one of your posts it takes me about half an hour cause i cant take my eyes off her. :oops: :twisted:

bartman

Immortal
Now that Gus has realised his potential, does this mean Parra better get cracking to re-sign Tim for next year, to avoid a Roosters swoop? #-o

Hellchick said:
maybe he heard people bagging the other smith? :?
it is great to watch tim improving over time by next year he will be a great halfback

The Godfather

Juniors
Let's wait and see if Timmy can be the first halfback to complete 2 seasons in the #7 under Brian 8)

But the kid can play :lol:

Agent Mulder

Bench
When do we ever put pressure and shit on Tim Smith? im a Parramatta fan and i've given him nothing but praise

Agent Mulder said:
When do we ever put pressure and sh*t on Tim Smith? im a Parramatta fan and i've given him nothing but praise
i don't know where he got this from i've never seen anyone bag him in the eels forum they would get very short shrift from me if they did!

Latest posts