What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould- This was Sweet

TrevorAllan

Juniors
Gould made a prick of himself tonight no question. He's right generally, but he forgets its 13 against 13 - and the Kangaroos pack is lightweight. Guys like Hindmarsh and Civo keep them in the game....and the aussie backs are usually good enough to win. But clowns like mason, shrek and that tedious NQ guy are no match for the kiwi or GB lads

deluded pom?

Coach
Gould may well slate NRL teams but that's during a game . He ALWAYS bags the English off at any and every opportunity. By the way if you know that 90% of Poms are gay then congratulations on your thorough research. That's what I call dedication to the cause. I'm intrigued to know whether it was Pommie men you had an experience with or Pommie women who knocked you back and therefore are obviously lesbians.

Quidgybo

Bench
herbert henry1908 said:
i think to be considered a racist you must be of a different race.

while he does get stuck into british rugby league i would hardly call it racism.
Would xenophobe cover it? Or nationalist (in the negative sense of the word).

Leigh.

thatsold

Juniors
Phil Gould has never made a racist remark in his life 'The Clan'.

Give one example to justify your attacks. If theres a whole catalogue of them out there surely you can give just one.

Saying the GB side is crap or the ESL is of a lower standard or that the English players aren't as good isnt racism. It's informed opinion.

brendothejet

First Grade
biggot, racist ...whatever...

there are far more appropriate words for phil gould:

brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, dodo, doltish, dopy, dotterel, dull, dumb, dummy*, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked*, half-witted*, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, irresponsible, laughable, loser*, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, short-sighted, simple, simple-minded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thickheaded, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless, aloof, assuming, audacious, autocratic, biggety*, bossy, bragging, cavalier, cheeky, cocky, cold shoulder, conceited, contemptuous, cool*, disdainful, domineering, ego trip, egotistic, haughty, high-handed, imperious, insolent, know-it-all*, lordly, overbearing, peremptory, pompous, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, puffed up*, scornful, self-important, smarty, smug, sniffy*, snippy*, snooty*, snotty*, stuck up*, supercilious, superior, swaggering, uppity*, vain

and most importantly:

ugly.

Micistm

Bench
Why will Phil be hiding for looking like a knob? It's not like he doesn't do it to himself on a regular basis. Every year, he writes off a GB or Kiwi side against his beloved Aussies, doesn't rate them, doesn't give them a chance...then his arrogance and lack of opposition respect bites him square on the arse.
Fact is, the Aussie team is getting beaten more and more over the past few years, they are still number one, noone's denying that- But Wayne Bennett hit the nail on the head last year. It has to happen. The opposition to Aussie nowadays is effectively playing in the same comps- NRL & SL, and so they have the experience to now take them on and do well. No one considers Aussie totally invincable anymore, and that's great for the game. NZ All Black fans are having to face up to that now as well.
Respect to your opposition. Gould will take a while to learn that.

Stranger

Coach
nqboy said:
Broncos, Queenslanders...

I'm pretty sure they fall under Aussies. Just maybe:sarcasm:

There is nothing 'racist' in what Gus says, although he is very very arrogant without a doubt.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Smug, arrogant, self important. I loathe him but love him. Mason too. We need it, characters, good and bad. Stuff to argue about. Get the poms over here more frequently so we know who they are and what there are capable of. Let Phil preach his gospel, let Willie open that mouth and stick his foot in it, how good is it. Gould was so wrong yet still finds a way to say he is correct. It's all good fun in the end.