What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Graham a Tiger in 2011

Juniors
Did anyone else here the rumour Phil Graham will be picked up by the Tigers next year to cover Taniela Tuiaki. I heard it this morning on Peter Peters & Greg Hartley's sport program. If true he would be a great asset, plenty of speed and he can actually catch a ball unlike our mate Beau

blackandwhite

Juniors
We have 20 year old Australian Schoolboy winger Faleula Finau coming through..... why would we need 30 year old Phil Graham ?

leoc

Juniors
I read on the wests tigers site that Taniela had resigned, is this correct? Please tell me that he has

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
I thought Sami Latu did really well on debut also...

Pass on Phil Graham for mine. If he was 25 maybe but not at 30. We've already got Beau Ryan as back up for Taniela...Daniella, Finau, Latu....

andrew9148

Juniors
Yeah we got a stack of players. Unless its absolute gun, we could almost have a signing freeze!! If the Tank is back and Moltze, blokes like Ryan, Brown and Aysford might not even get arun vlet alone f**king P Graham. So f**k him and the roosters and the raiders

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if we take stock this off season and save the cash to resign the sh*tload of big name players we have coming off contract over the next 2 years. I'm fine with that, if we pick up a few good depth signings I'll be happy.

bjm8

Juniors
Our current options at 1-5, who have already played 1st grade, are McKinnon, Brown, Tuiaki, Tuqiri, Daniella, Lawrence, Ayshford, Latu, Meaney, Moltzen, Ryan and Fitzhenry, also got Mullaney & Finau coming through the 20's, how much depth can you possibly want? Thats 14 players to cover 5 positions. What a waste of time/money/space.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
And on minimum type contracts that's fine. Depth has been an issue in the past, and considering we've had to rely on McKinnon, Brown, Tuqiri, Daniella, Lawrence, Ayshford, Latu, Meaney, Ryan and Fitzhenry this year through injuries, it's no bad thing.

I'm not thrilled with it, but he's not going to be on big bucks, Gould was wanking off the other week about how good a trainer he is so his attitude is right and he's going to know he's a depth signing and will bust a gut to get into firsts.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our current options at 1-5, who have already played 1st grade, are McKinnon, Brown, Tuiaki, Tuqiri, Daniella, Lawrence, Ayshford, Latu, Meaney, Moltzen, Ryan and Fitzhenry, also got Mullaney & Finau coming through the 20's, how much depth can you possibly want? Thats 14 players to cover 5 positions. What a waste of time/money/space.
I wasn't referring to depth in the backs, just depth in general for all key positions.

We've always lacked depth, this year has been one of our best in this regard, but even still we're a little shy of where we need to be.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
1. Brown
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Payten
13. Heighington
14. Fulton
15. Fafita
16. Murdoch
17. Lui

Torro

Juniors
1. Brown
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Payten
13. Heighington
14. Fulton
15. Fafita
16. Murdoch
17. Lui

Nice lineup (wish it was this week's team taking the field)

However I don't see Sheens keeping Lui on the bench.. He's not exactly a utility player, but then again who knows??

Torro

Juniors
Tuiaki will be lucky to play again with the type of injury he sustained.

Mate, he has re-signed with us for another year.. There would have been a reason for that.

Feel sorry for the bloke's recovery, but what can you do. Tuqiri has filled in nicely. What I don't agree is having Graham signing on.

We got plenty of potential, young outside backs. Latu had a pretty solid debut, so there is 1 possibility.

alien

Referee
I think Tuiaki's contract was like a minimum wage or a bit more plus bonuses for every match that he plays. I think they had to match the offer that Parra offered him.

The side for next year that I'm thinking of if McKinnon and Tuiaki can get back to their best:
1. McKinnon
2. Tuqiri
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall (vc)
7. Moltzen
8. Gibbs
9. Farah (c)
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Dwyer
13. Heighington

14. Fulton
15. Murdoch/Moors (are we keeping Moors???)
16. Payten
17. Fifita

Reserves: Flanagan, Lui

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can't imagine us signing Graham, we have a sh*tload of good outside backs, guys like brown, Daniela and latu were barely first graders but this year have been absolutely awesome. Yet at fullstrength they are all playing state cup next year.

Latest posts