What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

undertaker

Coach
Note in today's Sunday Telecrap,he bagged the fall in Sydney NRL crowds ,singling out only the clubs' lack of promotion and media restrictions.
Decided to respond to flushy features ."Ever heard about the month of March having the biggest rainfall since 1975,ever checked on the crap scheduling added to this Try mid Week Thursday nights 8pm and the ridiculous 6pm time slot for Fridays.None of which family friendly nor working people able to or willing whilst the rain drenches everyone."
These journos live in a bubble ,(the employer's bubble) where reality is something that doesn't exist or a mere figment of people's imagination.

How much PR would have got extra thousands to watch the Sharks v Rabbitohs, in a cyclone two years ago?
They dispense more bullish*t, than exists on Gina Hancocks massive cattle stations.

don't bank on Slothfield to criticise Friday 6pm games, as he was the first one in the media to start spruiking them after Fox lost MNF. It is purely a News Ltd creation and although crowds have been ok so far, you watch as the season progresses, numerous sub-10k crowds are on the cards for that timeslot. News Ltd's revenge in trying to screw fans after Dave Smith canned MNF.

In Slothfield's own words "I'm a journalist....it's not my job to promote rugby league". All of this said on a rugby league show. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
don't bank on Slothfield to criticise Friday 6pm games, as he was the first one in the media to start spruiking them after Fox lost MNF. It is purely a News Ltd creation and although crowds have been ok so far, you watch as the season progresses, numerous sub-10k crowds are on the cards for that timeslot. News Ltd's revenge in trying to screw fans after Dave Smith canned MNF.

In Slothfield's own words "I'm a journalist....it's not my job to promote rugby league". All of this said on a rugby league show. 'Nuff said.

Another part of my comment to flush face was ,you guys accentuate the negatives and minimise the positives.
IOW certainly no promoting but plenty of demoting the game.

hutch

First Grade
Slothfield research, an afl fan (stooge)on twitter who hates RL and lies about its ratings. Hence the made up story about the next media deal.

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 33
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/4fac1e0509b921569a55650b6cf49ff3

SHOOSH
THERE is genuine concern at NRL headquarters that the next TV broadcast deal won’t be as lucrative as the current $2 billion contract. On Thursday night the Broncos v Roosters game was beaten by My Kitchen Rules and down 14 per cent on round six, Thursday night, last year. It could be a worry for clubs signing superstars on long-term deals because, if the TV money falls so will the salary cap.

Brutus

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/4fac1e0509b921569a55650b6cf49ff3

SHOOSH
THERE is genuine concern at NRL headquarters that the next TV broadcast deal won’t be as lucrative as the current $2 billion contract. On Thursday night the Broncos v Roosters game was beaten by My Kitchen Rules and down 14 per cent on round six, Thursday night, last year. It could be a worry for clubs signing superstars on long-term deals because, if the TV money falls so will the salary cap.

Of course the f**kwit would talk the next tv league deal down. That suits his employers.

El Diablo

Post Whore

SHOOSH
yes i'm sure they're worrying about a deal that won't start until 2023 because of a round six game on Thursday night in 2017

and the next TV rights deal doesn't start until next year so Sloth should have said the next next TV broadcast deal

how does this idiot keep his job?

yes i'm sure they're worrying about a deal that won't start until 2023 because of a round six game on Thursday night in 2017

and the next TV rights deal doesn't start until next year so Sloth should have said the next next TV broadcast deal

how does this idiot keep his job?
With luck the old soak won't be around come 2023, and with luck sooner.

With luck the nrl build their own digital services, create and film their own content, and sell direct to the market.

Even Netflix would be an option.

And surely the nrl can utilise their Hollywood contact in Russell Crowe to get production help, tips, ideas etc.

We've already seen how irrelevant print media has become with NRL clubs using their websites to disseminate info and promote the game (could be way better too).

LESStar58

Referee
With luck the nrl build their own digital services, create and film their own content, and sell direct to the market.

Even Netflix would be an option.

And surely the nrl can utilise their Hollywood contact in Russell Crowe to get production help, tips, ideas etc.

We've already seen how irrelevant print media has become with NRL clubs using their websites to disseminate info and promote the game (could be way better too).

Netflix was supposedly an option last time around. Don't hold your breath.

Latest posts