What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phill gould GET HIM OFF 9

AdamH

Juniors
i don't like it when he constantly whinges about an incident for the entire game. it's so annoying.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I noticed channel nine are bringing a new show called celebrity circus, the show where celebrities do circus acts.

Gus gould could be shot out of a cannon and into a brick wall or up the behind of Nick Politis.

Seriously, i dont hate him, he is just so predictable. His comments last night were infuritating and continually stupid. He has to be the most hated bloke in league. The pearler about the roosters being on their wasy to another grand final, was laughable. The roosters dont need the pressure of this bloke on them. I look forward to his column on sunday, not..........

aqua_duck

Coach
Gus Gould is the Eddie McGuire of Rugby League, I don't mind his analysis but he could atleast try to hide his passion for the roosters.

Foz

Bench
I normally watch the game on Friday Nights without the commentary.
A few decisions puzzled me last night so I watched the replay (with commentary)on Fox. (gee the game goes heaps quicker on that replay)
Gus seemed a bit more excited than usual thats for sure.
I thought him and Sterlo were going to have a fight over that Anasta off-side incident.
No doubt Gould's Rooster Colours showed through but should he apologise for it?
I dont think so.
But it really is annoying.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Another Gould rant :roll: ...can we start on Paul Kent soon after reading and now listening to his jibber on the Sunday Roast? Just an idea. How about Mark Geyer and his incoherent dribble?

Phil Gould is one league identity better to be read then heard. I will read Gould's Sunday column, sometimes I agree, sometimes I won't, though I admit, on air he is thoroughly annoying especially when calling a Roosters game. The Eddie McGuire of League (in reference to his unashamed bias when calling Collingwood games).

The Sunday Footy Show is bearable though IMO, he is a League mind that needs to be apart of Rugby League given his knowledge of the game. Love him or hate him, I am not convinced that we don't need Gould.

hrundi99

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
As a Rooster I think we can do without him. But if ya do not like him ignore him.

He's a bit hard to ignore when he takes over Rabbits' call for half the game, and at half-time.

Get rid of Gould.

Cheering while commentating.....geez Nine standards have dissapeared over the last 20 years of their sports coverage.

cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
talk about jumping the gun...
they say its only round 6 , thats why its a bad start to the year
and they win one game
there back
grand finalists
geta life

But it wasn't Phil Gould who said these things, it was Ray Warren who, and let's face it, seems to have some kind degenerative brain disease.

Gus gets very excited when the Roosters are playing and rightly so. At the start of the year when he predicted a big deterioration in the Roosters fortunes, he was labelled "disloyal".

It seems he can't win.

His exuberence for the Roosters is no different to what we used to get from Mossop when commentating on Manly games; Sterling and Warren for Newcastle and Parramatta, and Vautin for Manly.

Horray for the mighty Gus! Long may he continue!

Broncodroid

Juniors
Packer will not pull the plug on Gould and from memory he answers to Glen (or is Gary) Pallister who would be doing the hiring / firing in the sports department.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gould best act was the ANZAC match last year trying to tell us Gasniers try wasn't a try. Amazingly he was 'right'. He looked even more pathetic when on the Sunday Footy Show getting the Rooosters Premier League team to re-enact the scene #-o

RLE- you have two guys who would bleed red and blue in johns and harrigan who DONT show bias towards a team when commentating...of coarse Harrigan show up at the opening of a letter in newcastle but the way Gould carries on at these Rooster games in ridiculous.
I respect his mind for the game and his opinions on areas of football but his commentary last night was painful..

Immortal said:
Gould best act was the ANZAC match last year trying to tell us Gasniers try wasn't a try. Amazingly he was 'right'. He looked even more pathetic when on the Sunday Footy Show getting the Rooosters Premier League team to re-enact the scene #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember that. What a goose! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gallagher

Juniors
I cant wait for the thread tomorrow about how crap Goulds column in tomorrows paper is.
Someone may as well start it now............Getting a bit boring isnt it?

Two things he got excited about last night were the send off and Anasta being off side. I think he was right on both occasions.

legend

Coach
How abot we start a Gould sticky just like Paul Carige so people can vent their spleen or worship him all in the one thread to save space?

At least Gold knows RL. The rest of the team are idiots and the Thursday Footy Show is the worst show on TV.

Also Nine commentators won't knock anyone and all their shows turn in to wrapathons. Telling us great a player etc.

God-King Dean

Immortal
How abot we start a Gould sticky just like Paul Carige so people can vent their spleen or worship him all in the one thread to save space?

Excellent idea. We always know there will be something to add & it certainly tidy things up

Latest posts