What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phillip Leuluai Named in Kiwis Squad

Jeffles

Bench
Congratulations to former Newtown Jets player Phillip Leuluai who wa named in the 40 man Kiwi squad for the upcoming Tri-Nations. The squad will be trimmed and it is likely he will be cut but the selection is recognition for the hard work he has put in over the past few years. He would have only dreamed of this when he was at UTC.

I spoke to Phil last Sunday after the Newtown v Parra game. he was at the Jets Sports Club. He said Newtown was very dear to him as his first club in Australia, he enjoyed his time here and has many fond memories of the place just like we all have many fond memories of watching him in the Royal Blue.

Once again - congratulations.

2 True Blues

Coach
Have seen Phil in the crowd at Henson watchin the Bluebags play this season. Top player and a top bloke. Well done.....

bluebag43

Juniors
Yeah I'll second that 2TB! I saw Phil at the BBQ after our last game and reminded him that I predicted he would be in the Show! We had a good laugh!

2 True Blues

Coach
Excellent. Hope he keeps coming to some games next season. Could have done with him in the semi's this year for sure !!!!.

Jeffles

Bench
At the beginning of the year Stos was more favoured at the Sharks than Phillip. Phillip even played some gasmes for Newtown. He certainly showed the Sharks he was capable.

2 True Blues

Coach
Thought one of New Zealands best was Nigel VAGANA. Interesting to note that I thought he played better in the two test games than he did all season for the Sharks.

Whats doin there ??!!??

2 True Blues

Coach
He only played one or two games early in the season, but was the backbone in season 2004. Great to see him in attendance on game days though in the crowd, hope he keeps coming to Henson.

2 True Blues

Coach
Maybe they should do some re-positioning at the Sharks WP. He certainly was the VAGANA of old in the Kiwi jersey. Great to watch, even though I am a Roo thru and thru.......

Latest posts