What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philll Rothfielddd wanted a spot on Talkin Sport

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25385283-5016360,00.html

FOR those who don't know who he is, Warren Ryan is best remembered as the rugby league coach who cost Balmain the 1989 grand final by replacing two of the greatest forwards of the modern era - Steve Roach and Paul Sironen - just before the game went into extra time against the Raiders. These days, Ryan taps out a column for the Newcastle Herald and provides commentary alongside David Morrow on the ABC - at least when he is awake. Last week, Ryan attacked Australia's most senior selector Bob Fulton in a wildly uninformed column in his Newcastle newspaper. So on his way to Homebush last Sunday to cover the football for 2GB, Fulton stopped by a chemist to purchase a box of No-Doze tablets. He walked into the ground, tapped on the door of the ABC box, before entering and presenting Ryan with the tablets - hoping they may at least keep him awake and help him with his accuracy next time around.

Uh huh.

Hanscholo

Bench
Rothfield couldnt get a gig telling 4 year olds how league works. They'd have him in tears with their cutting insights.

adamkungl

Immortal
lol. bec and buzz strike again. zing. Imo anyone who gets a bad mention in their gossip column is probably someone worth listening to about Rugby League.

Wok hit him right between the eyes a few weeks ago aswell.

he basically said in all his time as a coach he'd never come across a rugby league journalist who knew so little about rugby league.

love the wok.

Brutus

Referee
Classic Wok.

Buzz's grudge has gone on for a long while now.

Sorry Buzz but the Wok will always have it over you.

Bringing up the 1989 GF all the time shows just how much of a one trick pony Buzz really is. Yawn.

Canard

Immortal
I assume it this article from the WOK they were referring to:

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...-as-blues-no1-choice/1486502.aspx?storypage=0

It seems like a sensible piece of journalism to be honest, that is asking some honest questions about the Kidley/Stewart selection process (which is obviously now no longer an issue).

And about historically Manly used to sign players on the promise of a rep jersey because of there connections in the League's heirachy.

SAF

Juniors
In light of Buzz Rothfield's bagging of Mark Geyer and 2SM in his blog today, I find it interesting to learn that he rang Graeme Hughes recently pleading to get a gig on Talkin Sport, 2SM.

Hughes just mentioned this over the air. :lol:

Sour grapes Rothy? :lol:

Hi Brutus,

Do you know what was actually said by Rothfield in bagging Geyer and Talkin Sport ? I tried to look in the Tele blog archives but it seems the one for the 22-04-09 is missing ?

Brutus

Referee
Hi Brutus,

Do you know what was actually said by Rothfield in bagging Geyer and Talkin Sport ? I tried to look in the Tele blog archives but it seems the one for the 22-04-09 is missing ?

He basically said Geyer was on his P plates in the media working at 2SM - a station nobody listens to and RLW (a magazine nobody reads).

Yet Phill Rothmans was trying to get a gig on that very radio station. What a tool.

Very interesting to see that particular blog pulled off the website.

Silly Rothmans.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
He basically said Geyer was on his P plates in the media working at 2SM - a station nobody listens to and RLW (a magazine nobody reads).

Yet Phill Rothmans was trying to get a gig on that very radio station. What a tool.

Very interesting to see that particular blog pulled off the website.

Silly Rothmans.

Yeah i noticed that. Any idea why it was pulled?

Maybe a call from someone that had Rosentheld sh*tting his panties???

Brutus

Referee
I notice Rothmans' blog today is bagging the Footy Show, Voss, Fatty ect..

Good old Rothmans and his grudges continue. A one trick pony if I've ever seen one.

I notice he asks the question whether Harrogan and Daley should've been axed. I'd like to think people will respond with a big fat YES!!!

Voss has got the balls to ask the tough questions, a mannequin could've done a better job than Harrogan

Mr Saab

Referee
I notice Rothmans' blog today is bagging the Footy Show, Voss, Fatty ect..

Good old Rothmans and his grudges continue. A one trick pony if I've ever seen one.

I notice he asks the question whether Harrogan and Daley should've been axed. I'd like to think people will respond with a big fat YES!!!

Voss has got the balls to ask the tough questions, a mannequin could've done a better job than Harrogan

I sent a comment to the blog. Doubt he will reply as it puts down Harragon and Johns and commends Voss.

Brutus

Referee
I really hope people stick it to him about that point. Harrogan was utter tripe and Johns is heading that way as well. Johns was funny once or twice I think. He's a friggin pollyanna when it comes to 'opinions'.

In contrast, Andrew Voss has very forthright opinions and gives the show some much-needed backbone. Rothmans likes to put sh*t on Voss because he hasn't played first grade. How many Tests has Rothmans played?

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
Is there a bigger wanker in all of Australian Sports Journalism and media?

I mean, in company with Ray, Ritchie, Mascord, Massoud, Bourbon Bekky, that Union loving dickhead on the Back Page, he still sits above the rest.

What about that Essendon/AFL supporting twat who writes for the Australian? Besides the rubbish he writes about other sports, he's even despised in Aussie Rules circles :lol: Patrick Smith I think?

Latest posts