What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PI Get Togethers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Juniors
mightypanther said:
Yeah PK,

Finally we have a place where we can feel relaxed enough to vent our feelings and opinions on just about anything (within reason of course), and know that there won't either be a flood of people demanding that we produce the proof to back up our opinions, or people calling us morons and d**kheads etc because we don't agree with them, and we know that we won't be getting banned simply because our opinions don't agree with the powers-that-be, or we happen to question some of their decisions.

Even on this forum there are still people who resort to some disgusting name calling, and denigration of a person's name, home town, career choice, lifestyle etc, simply because they disagree with another person's opinions. That is why I rarely post here, and why I NEVER post on the PI site.

Yep. life is much more relaxed and fun these days at the Beer Squad website. And that is where I will be venting my spleen from now on, whether it be for a venting of good news or bad. It is the place for all those who only want good fun and friendly people. It will not be the place for heavy debates and arguments. Thank god for that.

And most important point of all......I MISS MY FOOTY ALREADY. :(
Doesn't March 2004 seem like such a LONG LONG time away? :roll:
mighty panther, perhaps you can enlighten me. Are you referring to this site (Leagueunlimited) or another site which has nothing to with Leagueunlimited? Or both? Do you have any specific problems with the admimistration here at LU? And if so, please let us know. Our PM box is always open.

what_the......

Juniors
I agree too Lewis. I am a woman and I take offence to things like that. There is one other post that could probably have been deleted too IMO.

Big Mick

Referee
OK guys,

While this site is a great site to be a part of, there is a limit to what posts will be accepted.

Anything that is what we consider to be offensive to anyone will be deleted with ofcourse an explanation. I am not liking what I have seen so far in this thread, and if it continues it will be looked.

This is made for the purposes to organise a get together, not to bag out administrators on other sites, not to bag out other sites, not to make personal comments about people on this site, therefore, if i see anything more that is offensive in this thread, it will be locked.

mightypanther

Juniors
Hi Willow,

Finally we have a place where we can feel relaxed enough to vent our feelings and opinions on just about anything (within reason of course), and know that there won't either be a flood of people demanding that we produce the proof to back up our opinions, or people calling us morons and d**kheads etc because we don't agree with them, and we know that we won't be getting banned simply because our opinions don't agree with the powers-that-be, or we happen to question some of their decisions.

This is referring to another new forum where PK and I have started to post, and where we feel the most relaxed and at home.

Even on this forum there are still people who resort to some disgusting name calling, and denigration of a person's name, home town, career choice, lifestyle etc, simply because they disagree with another person's opinions. That is why I rarely post here, and why I NEVER post on the PI site.

This is referring to the League Unlimited site. I'm sorry, but there are still many threads spread out across many of your forums that still leave a lot to be desired as far as content goes, but that's only my opinion. And the only problem I have with the League Unlimited admistration is that I still believe that there is too much unwarranted name calling and spiteful bagging of people's opinions that is let go across these forums. I can't see the point of getting into specifics, because if the majority are happy with the level of moderation at the moment, then far be it from me to demand otherwise. I just choose not to respond to it, and post elsewhere instead. No problem. Don't worry about it.

Yep. life is much more relaxed and fun these days at the Beer Squad website. And that is where I will be venting my spleen from now on, whether it be for a venting of good news or bad. It is the place for all those who only want good fun and friendly people. It will not be the place for heavy debates and arguments. Thank god for that.

And yes, this is the place where I feel most relaxed and will be doing most of my posting from now on. I will still post on the League Unlimited forum occasionally, but it will be confined to the Penrith Panthers section only.

mightypanther

Juniors
And to Lewis,

Thank you very much for removing that post, it was much appreciated.

As a female, I was also very offended by it.

Anonymous

Juniors
mightypanther said:
Hi Willow,

This is referring to another new forum where PK and I have started to post, and where we feel the most relaxed and at home.

This is referring to the League Unlimited site. I'm sorry, but there are still many threads spread out across many of your forums that still leave a lot to be desired as far as content goes, but that's only my opinion. And the only problem I have with the League Unlimited admistration is that I still believe that there is too much unwarranted name calling and spiteful bagging of people's opinions that is let go across these forums. I can't see the point of getting into specifics, because if the majority are happy with the level of moderation at the moment, then far be it from me to demand otherwise. I just choose not to respond to it, and post elsewhere instead. No problem. Don't worry about it.

And yes, this is the place where I feel most relaxed and will be doing most of my posting from now on. I will still post on the League Unlimited forum occasionally, but it will be confined to the Penrith Panthers section only.
I think you'll find that the moderators here do a great job. I'm comparing this to other sites like Leagueunlimited that get 1000+ posts per day.

Posts which have excessive abuse, or personal threats are not tolerated.

The only sections which are allowed any slack at all are the '4 Corners' section and the 'League v Union v AFL' section. This being because by their very nature, these forums encourage debate and we try to cater to all tastes. Interestingly, these particular forums seem to cause the least headaches.

On the other hand, we have a lower tolerance in sections like the 'Firkin Fun bar' and the 'NRL Game' forums (for example) because those forums are frequented by younger members. Its a tough battle sometimes because the membership and posts count has been on a steep upward curve for the last few months and with that, we do get a few troublesome posts. But the vast majority are good natured and generally speaking, I find that most people abide by the Members Guidelines.
Nevertheless, there are some forums and some individuals which are considered 'high maintenance' and this is something we are aware of and are acting on.

The Panthers forum incidently, is considered as being one of the best moderated forums we have here at Leagueunlimited.

I ask if you have any problems with the forums that you direct them to the moderator or an administrator. I can say without a shadow of doubt that all concerns are investigated acted upon almost immediately.

mightypanther

Juniors
Hi Willow,

I have sent you a couple of examples by PM of the kind of posts that I dislike, but it's only one person's opinion -- mine.

If most of the posters at League Unlimited aren't bothered by the same kind of posts as I am, then so be it. I'm not that worried about it.

I can simply go somewhere else to post if there is more crap here than I want to be put up with, it's really not that big a deal.

You go with whatever pleases the most people here. I honestly don't have a problem with that.

The particular post that Lewis deleted yesterday, was a direct vile insult at a female friend of mine, that I thought was WAY over the top, but it's gone now, so it's no longer a problem.

Fibroman

First Grade
As supporters of the same team, we should stick together. In fighting is quite stupid. These forums should be used to find out what others are thinging about the game in general and perhaps areas where the game can be improved and where the team we support can improve. The forums also provide an excellent means in which to get in touch with and bag the hell out of Roosters supporters who deserve everything we can dish out.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Moving right along now and getting back to the topic... :shock: ;-)

(and thanks to lewis for tidying up)

Sadly, the get together at Nepean was moved to someones place for shelter but it still went ahead. For those that turned up, they were provided with great hospitality that any true panther fan would offer.

There is still the Night Out on the 15th November for any who are interested. Just turn up at TC's at around 6.00 pm for a relaxed, fun evening with other panther fans that use the net to express their feelings on our favourite team.

Not only that the 15th happens to be my birthday so it's gonna be a blast!!
:D

mightypanther

Juniors
I will definitely be there on the 15th PK, and so will Pantherette, Rhino and Mrs Rhino,
Philby, plenty of other Girdlerettes and Beer Squad members, and I know of many
other Panther fans who are pretty sure they can also attend.

I know you're birthday is on the 15th, and you will be celebrating it heavily.

Well mine is on the 19th, is that close enough for us to be celebrating mine as well?

I hope so... :D

mightypanther

Juniors
I agree with you fibro man.

We have much to be thankful for, our team had a fantastic season,
culminating in winning the grand final.

And we did it in the best way imaginable -- by beating the Roosters
to achieve it.

Life is good, and no amount of nastiness from anyone, and I don't care
what team they follow -- is going to place even a minor dent in the
happiness that I am still feeling, and intend to still be feeling come the
start of season 2004.

Life is good as my signature shows........ :mrgreen:

roofromoz

First Grade
Yep, life is very good at the moment - mostly because of what happened three weeks ago. In a way, I still can't believe all we have achieved this year... I'm hanging out for next year, as we defend our title.

Yesterday went well... I had not really met any of the people before, but they were very quick to make me feel welcome and part of the group. The rain had the potential to ruin the day, but then Mightypanther intervened and kept it all going back at her place. It ended up being quite a good day!

I will be there on the 15th, for the birthday part, erm sorry, social night at Panthers...

:)

*Sandy*

First Grade
Did someone say `Party'??

I could show you all my party tequila hattrick! :lol:
cttequila_e0.gif

*Sandy*

First Grade
Attention Fibro Man!!

Are you a definate for Saturday night?

Are you bringing the HULK?

I've messaged the HULK and the TRAPman but i havent heard from them. And i've spoken to the CEO Man and he is not a goer.

Fibroman

First Grade
I'll do my best. I've got the kids. I might just bring them along. A bit of makeup and high heels on my 6 year old girl, and she'll get into the Evans?

mightypanther

Juniors
It's ok fibroman,

It's in TC's, and the kids are allowed in there until either 11 pm or midnight -- I can never remember which.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I just realised i didnt write up about our great night we had here. I wonder if i should just copy the get together section of the girdlerette site to here...but then some may think i was serious with some of that stuff i wrote and take us the wrong way. :lol:

Ahh well. We had a great night. I think we counted about 27 of us turned up for it. After some very loud chatting in TC's some of us took off to Dominques where we indulged in Fruit Tinglez and other cocktails and then we took off to Skylights for a dance or 2. Benny Ross visited us down in TC's for a bit and then we found him again back at Starlights. He's a great bloke who remembers you and is always willing to have a chat with you. We then headed on back to join the rest again down in TC's for a couple more quiet drinks before we headed off home around 3.00ish in the morning.

Definately got to have another and i think we have decided sometime in February for another one of those nights before the season kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts