What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your Team for the Roosters Clash

BPS

Juniors
1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Best
4. Simpson (But he still has defensive issues)
5. Talanoa
6. Sutton
7. Sandow
8. Stuart
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Kidwell
12. McPherson
13. Faalogo

14. Falloon, 15. Geddes, 16. Crossman, 17. Pettyborne

I was really impressed with Dave Tyrell and would LOVE to see him in the centres instead of Simpson but I doubt it will happen. His defence was great!

1 Wesser
2 Merrit
3 Best
4 Simpson
5 Tulz
6 Sutto
7 Chris
8 Stuart
9 Issac
10 Roy
11 Kidwell
12 Pettybourne
13 Frog

14 Falloon
15 McPherson
16 Crossman
17 B.Lowe (utility)

Any side we throw together will cook the chooks. Fkn spastic Latte sippers!

There you go, I thought I'd fire the first shot.

We were giving it to the Dragons all week but no-one has said boo about the Roosters yet! Fire up you soft serves!! :D

ballfreek

Juniors
1 Wesser
2 Merritt
3 Best
4 Champion (if fit/available)/Simpson
5 Simpson/Talanoa
6 Sutton
7 Sandow
8 Stuart
9 Luke
10 Asotasi (c)
11 Pettybourne (impressed me immensely so far .. lets hope he keeps it up)
12 Fa'alogo
13 Ben Lowe

BENCH
14 Wing (if fit/available) Falloon
15 Greenfield (if fit/available)/McPherson
16 Cleal
17 Kidwell

MattJ

Juniors
Assuming everyone is available

1) Wesser
2) Merritt
3) Best
4) Champion
5) Corrigan
6) Sutton
7) Sandow
8) Stuart
9) Luke
10) Asotasi
11) B.Lowe
12) Pettybourne
13) Fa'alogo

14) Wing
15) Kidwell
16) McPherson
17) Cleal/Crossman/Geddes to fight out last bench spot

If wing is not available then Falloon

lsta5838

Juniors
From a Panther's fan:

1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Champion
4. Best
5. Talanoa
6. Wing
7. Sandow
8. Crossman
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Kidwell
12. Stuart
13. Sutton
14. Fa'alongo
15. Geddes
16. Pettybourne
17. Greenfield

If Luke needs a break, Wing can move to #9 and Sutton to the #6.

thomo

Juniors
McPherson really impressed in the Charity Shield, his combination with Sutton in particular. He will be in the side.

I'd go:

1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Simpson (Champion if fit)
4. Best
5. Talanoa
6. Sutton
7. Sandow
8. Stuart (Geddes if fit)
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Kidwell (Stuart if Geddes Fit)
12. McPherson
13. Fa'alogo
14. Crossman
15. Pettybourne
16. J.Lowe/B.Lowe/Tyrrell/Kidwell (have a feeling JT will go for J.Lowe if Stuart starts at prop)
17. Capewell (Falloon if fit)

I've assumed Wing won't be right and Greenfield and Cleal won't play due to lack of game time during the trials.

johnkelley

Juniors
1/ Wesser
2/ Merritt
3/ Best
4/ B. Lowe
5/ Talanoa
6/ Sutton
7/ Sandow
8/ Asotasi
9/ Luke
10/ Geddes
11/ Mcpherson
12/ Stuart
13/ Fa'alogo

14/ Capewell
15/ Kidwell
16/ Greenfield
17/ Crossman

We were giving it to the Dragons all week but no-one has said boo about the Roosters yet! Fire up you soft serves!! :D

Mate, Roosters and Rabbitohs combined for Dragons hatred. Give us a few days to start hating each other again. C'mon Bunnies, it's f*cking on! :D

OVP

Coach

Thats the spirit !! :cool:

Roosters by 46

Who will King Riley take out for the season this year ? Sandow is paying 1.01 at Prowlerbet :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
The team of milk and honey:-

1/ Talanoa
2/ Merritt
3/ Best
4/ Wesser
5/ Champion

6/Sutto
7/Sandow

8/ Stuart (c)
9/Falloon
10/ Asotasi

11/ Crossman
12/ Tyrell
13/ Fa'alogo

14. Luke 15. Corro 16. Greenfeild 17. McPherson

Wing is still injured and wont play (until he runs out) and if available:

1. Wing to 5/8
2. Sutto to Centre
3. Wesser to f'back
4. Tallas to Champs wing
5. Champs replaces Corro off the bench. Corro to bearage.

Souths by 20-32

Sutto/Wesser/Besty/Merrit/Champs/Tallas = absolute horror for opposing backlines

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
Mate, Roosters and Rabbitohs combined for Dragons hatred. Give us a few days to start hating each other again. C'mon Bunnies, it's f*cking on! :D

The difference with me is I respect most of The Roosters fans on this forum and frankly, in life in general, whereas the merge imbeciles are just that, imbeciles.

That said, I can't wait for round 1.

Both clubs deserve top billing each year in the first gladiatorial contest that is the NRL.

We are the oldest and we both have the most premierships of any other surviving clubs.

Glory Glory chicken dance.

We're gonna scare the feathers off you Roosters, I just hope you can recover enough to meet big brother in the grand final - what a story that would be. ;-)

Bloody oath.
Any game in Australia can try, they would all fail.
There is no bigger club rivalry in Australian sport than the Eastern Suburbs-South Sydney clash.

That is fact.
People know how important it is when joining one of the two clubs.

Nemesis

Bench
Thats the spirit !! :cool:

Roosters by 46

Who will King Riley take out for the season this year ? Sandow is paying 1.01 at Prowlerbet :lol:
46? lol... thats the number of chooks fans that'll be at the game.
As for Riley, I believe he's dogged the first round just like he dogged round 25 last year... he must be sweating bullets at the thought of Roy hunting him down again. :lol:

Yeah I've seen this little Roosters, Rabbits love in that's been happening up until the shield. Quite frankly it's been making me sick. Sure I hate the Dragon's as well, but not enough to jump in to bed with the Roosters. The Charity Shield and the Dragon's aren't even an Entree. They are kind of like Morning Tea really. Rabbit / Rooster rivalry and this game coming up is the three course main imo. This is where the real hatred is at. Not only will we beat you c**ks in round 1, but we will demoralise you for the first half of the season. We are going to give it to you that bad in game one that you will forfeit the second game we are supposed to play against you this year for fear of a repeat.

My only hope is that you have a full team so there can be no excuses. Bring it on c**ks!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Assuming Wing and Champion are unavailable.

1/ Wesser
2/ Merritt
3/ Best
4/ Talanoa (I honestly believe he's a better centre than winger anyway, especially as his hands let him down so often when scoring opportunities present themselves.)
5/ Simpson
6/ Sutton
7/ Sandow
8/ Asotasi
9/ Luke
10/ Crossman
11/ Stuart
12/ Pettybourne
13/ Fa'alogo

14/ Falloon
15/ Kidwell
16/ Greenfield
17/ McPherson

Crossman and Pettybourne have both impressed me recently. McPherson can cover the backs in case of injury. If only Kidwell can cut out the silly penalties, he provides good experience and aggression from the bench (which is needed when Roy comes off especially).

Cleal just doesn't rate for me.

McQueen could potentially come in for Simpson, I guess. I didn't see too much in Corrigan yet ... he's a longer term prospect, I think.

I'd personally like to see a continuation of how JT was using Luke Stuart last year. If he's up for the work and punishment, I loved how he rotated from the second row into the front row when Geddes came off. It's one of the reasons why his stats were so good last year and if he's up to it, I reckon they should keep going with it.

When Wing comes back, that will free up yet another bench spot, as Falloon will not be needed as a back up hooker. That would allow the inclusion of yet another big boppa or maybe someone like Capewell who can play a bit of an impact role (as well as cover from 1-7 plus 9).

I think the team will be especially well balanced when Wing is fit. I think Greenfield would be the first player dropped unless he has been training particularly well ... he needs to show that he can play at his best consistently. Simpson would go out to accommodate Champion when he's fit.

Ok Gents, seeing as very few of you have read my previous posts and followed me by manning up, I have been to the Chook Pen and fired the first salvo on my own. If I can't inspire you to fire up, then I'm sure the hoardes of rabid Rooster lunatics that will soon come streaming into our forum certainly will. Prepare the Pitchforks and man the barricades.

Latest posts