What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your team of good guys.

Raider_69

Post Whore
tonguey and croker would be canberras best, schif aswell
always happy to stop have a chat, all really down to earth champion blokes

petetheileet

First Grade
i may be biased...but id like to hear sum ppls reasons why they think no1 has put hornby, cooper or even bailey in their side...il admit there are many fools in our team but these 3 blokes couldn't b better suited i would think

bluesbreaker

Bench
Luke Priddis is an asshole. "You'll never play hooker while i'm at Penrith" What a nice thing to say to a teammate.

stevie013

Juniors
i agree with the team, and mason is a good pick too, he has done really well for himself in recent times, u will all laugh, but brett kimmorley is excellent for rugby league in the shire, he has all the time in the world for kids and is a good family man.

brook

First Grade
I'm not his biggest fan as a player but I've heard nothing but good things about John Skandalis off the field and he's not one for cheap shots during a game either.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont know why or how people are naming players who are rookies etc
mine would be:

1. Peachy
2. El Masri
3. King
4. B Smith
5. Sing
6. Hornby
7. Campbell
8. Skandalis
9. Tongue
10. Price
11. Hindmars
12. Menzies
13. Stagg

14. Widders
15. civovencia
16. T Puletua
17. M Geyer

Christmas Ape

Juniors
I've never met him, but Tony Martin seems like a friendly sort of bloke. Can anybody confirm or deny?

Everyone who mentioned Tonguey is spot on. A real nice, smiley, good bloke. Can play too.

Morenito

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
You surely MUST be joking about El Masri. The guy is a pillar of the community... Perhaps not your community, but you'd be blind, deaf and as dumb as I think you are to suggest he would make the "Dropkick Team".

Sorry buddy but i suggest you open your eyes and read my little post again... It's actually pretty hilarious that you called me blind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sugar

Bench
david faalogo is a top bloke ,a couple of years ago in tsv he was one of only
a few players who stopped for photos and signatures with the fans and kids
while fletcher and harrison walked straight past us without a sidewards glance

strewth_mate

Bench
From the Knights, Carney and Mullen seem decent guys, and if you look past the on-field whinging, Buderus is a good bloke *awaits abuse*

Dutchy

Immortal
1 - Brett Stewart
2 - Hazem El Masri
3 - Steven Bell
4 - Paul Stephenson
5 - Matt Geyer
6 - Preston Campbell
7 - Matt Orford
8 - Skandalis
9 - Wing
10 - King
11 - Menzies
12 - Hindmarsh
13 - Tongue

Iafeta

Referee
Christmas Ape said:
I've never met him, but Tony Martin seems like a friendly sort of bloke. Can anybody confirm or deny?

Everyone who mentioned Tonguey is spot on. A real nice, smiley, good bloke. Can play too.

Only got to "groupie" Marto once... unfortunately the poor bugger was in a neck brace at the time, but was still there at the after match function for the fans and the other players.

At the Warriors, the bloke who I found to be incredible is Ruben Wiki. At the aftermatch function we went to last year, most of the players were gone by 5PM, he was still there chatting and having photos taken, signing autographs... and chatting some more to anyone who wanted to have a chat till like 7PM. We learnt later on the players actually left for a formal dinner around 5:30ish, so he'd stuck around to be with the fans. We all appreciate things like that.

The likes of Mark Tookey, Stacey Jones, Wairangi Koopu, Henry Fa'afili, Ali Lauitiiti and believe it or not - Clinton Toopi, Richard Villasanti and Monty Betham were always very willing to have a good yarn to us. Obviously Stace is usually mobbed, but I was fortunate to catch him without a mobbing going on, the day after the grand final, and it was just a very humbling experience he talked to you like you were a friend, even only through association of being a supporter of his team.

I think a lot of bad things sad about rugby league players is often a bit of a media beat up, and there a fair few with their hearts in the right place who realise the importance of their fans as long as their individual rights are respected.

mg

Juniors
Adam Mogg should be there, one of the niceset players i've met. I was holding some footy cards with him on them and he came up to me to sign them without me even asking.

sharkadelic

Juniors
If it was all time players, Wayne Pearce would be the captain and ET the (ahem) Vice captain...

That would become a very big list though

Latest posts