What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pickpocket!...Stop!!...Thief!!!

Watching the tape of Friday night's game again this evening - it struck me when watching Shifty Sherwin live up to his moniker & pick Scott Prince's pocket cold - *YOINK!* :lol:...when WAS the last time there was an intercept - halfback on halfback - from a scrum?? As clean as that?

Because...I honestly cannot remember one! Although it MUST have happened - at least once over the past 10 years or so, say...Surely?

Can anyone elese remember such an instance?

vlad

juniors
Bring Back the Spliff said:
Watching the tape of Friday night's game again this evening - it struck me when watching Shifty Sherwin live up to his moniker & pick Scott Prince's pocket cold - *YOINK!* :lol:...when WAS the last time there was an intercept - halfback on halfback - from a scrum?? As clean as that?

Because...I honestly cannot remember one! Although it MUST have happened - at least once over the past 10 years or so, say...Surely?

the last time someone did they were penalised for not retiring behind the scrum .

from the RL rule book ...

Section 12. The Scrum

Other players 7.

The scrum half of the team not having the put-in shall
retire immediately behind his last row of forwards.
All other players outside the scrum, other than the
scrum half putting the ball in, shall retire five metres
or more behind the last row of forwards of their
respective teams in the scrum and shall remain so
until the ball has emerged correctly from the scrum.

innsaneink

Referee

](*,) Duuhhh....you cant remember one because its an illegal play, a ref with half a brain wouldve pinged him for offside....BS never retired behind his pack.

I also noticed we conceded a penalty (which El Masri converted got make it 18-0) for a perfectly-legal one-on-one strip, or can't you do those anymore?

Michaelson

Juniors
I also noticed we conceded a penalty (which El Masri converted got make it 18-0) for a perfectly-legal one-on-one strip, or can't you do those anymore?
Payten thwacked the ball out while another defender held the ball carrier. it was blatant.

BS intercept burried us, though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
innsaneink said:
](*,) Duuhhh....you cant remember one because its an illegal play, a ref with half a brain wouldve pinged him for offside....BS never retired behind his pack.

If you actually watched the game you'd notice Prince ran away from the base for about 2 steps, tried to throw a pass. BY which time it was legal for Sherwin to come up to him.

Your team lost fair and square - so join the rest of your buddies and have fun with it. You're still premiers remember.

fulltime

Juniors
dodge please point out at which point sherwin retired behind the last row of forwards. he never did so is automatically offside. it happens every scrum but is never called.

Timmah

Staff member
They looked at in on video four times before making a decision.

Bulldogs 47-12. Deal with it.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Sounds very much like round 3 next year when Myles copped a high shot, without a penalty given. Next tackle Aso dropped the ball and leads 2 SP field goal.

Michaelson

Juniors
>zuzu< said:
Sounds very much like round 3 next year when Myles copped a high shot, without a penalty given. Next tackle Aso dropped the ball and leads 2 SP field goal.

If that does happen again next year it'll be great!

LESStar58

Referee

Possibly Kimmorley vs Johns- Storm vs Knights @ OP in 1998. It was being billed as a massive grudge match cos both players started at Newcastle but Johns kept Noddy out of first gard. Noddy picked off an intercept and ran 90 metres to score. Can't remember if it was off a scrum but.

greenos

Juniors
dodge said:
If you actually watched the game you'd notice Prince ran away from the base for about 2 steps, tried to throw a pass. BY which time it was legal for Sherwin to come up to him.

Your team lost fair and square - so join the rest of your buddies and have fun with it. You're still premiers remember.
Ink was just replying to the thread starter asking when last it happened, because he didn't know it was illegal. And it doesn't matter if the Vid Ref checked it 50 times. He still got it wrong

Well - after the caning we copped last week from the officials - all I can say is sorry, but - Suffer it Tigers fans!!!! :lol:

No sympathy whatsoever. You were rolled - and rolled good & proper! That intercept was NO kind of turning point, I'm afraid! Clutching at straws there, baby!

Last week's Grade A howler (Not the only one - merely the most staggering!) was the penalty we 'conceded' from a kickoff - when Youngquest C L E A R L Y caught the ball from that kickoff - and then stepped over the sideline - it was not even close to being simultaneous!...Should have been a 10m scrum to us right on the attack. Instead all of a sudden we're 2/3 of the way down the field defending for our lives!

I must say - Never have I seen football refereeing karma work so fast, however! ;-)

vlad

juniors
Well - after the caning we copped last week from the officials - all I can say is sorry, but - Suffer it Tigers fans!!!! :lol:

No sympathy whatsoever. You were rolled - and rolled good & proper! That intercept was NO kind of turning point, I'm afraid! Clutching at straws there, baby!

Last week's Grade A howler (Not the only one - merely the most staggering!) was the penalty we 'conceded' from a kickoff - when Youngquest C L E A R L Y caught the ball from that kickoff - and then stepped over the sideline - it was not even close to being simultaneous!...Should have been a 10m scrum to us right on the attack. Instead all of a sudden we're 2/3 of the way down the field defending for our lives!

I must say - Never have I seen football refereeing karma work so fast, however! ;-)

yep but I haven't seen a penrith supporter start a thread about Youngquest's brilliant play either :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
What, so because a couple of people on an internet forum say so, the Video Ref is wrong and those chest beaters are right?

Give me a break.

innsaneink

Referee
dodge said:
What, so because a couple of people on an internet forum say so, the Video Ref is wrong and those chest beaters are right?

Give me a break.

But you are right in the other thread, arent you?

liarsoundtrack.jpg

greenos

Juniors
dodge said:

Give me a break.
Yes the Video ref was wrong. It says it in the rules. Video refs make mistakes and luckily it didn't really effect the game.

mepelthwack

Juniors
2 facts from the game :

1. The Bulldogs were the better team, deserved winners.

2. The video ref had a shocker awarding Sherwin's off-side at the scrum try.