What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirating the game

axie

Juniors
razor? i hope this aint the same razor who comes on this forum. probably worng, n i hope i am to be honest.

Razor1911 is one of the oldest cracking groups, no connection to the razor on this board. This group doesn't release half-arsed or virus ridden cracks, that isn't to say that third parties haven't doctored the release.

It's amazing how little people care about piracy until something that they feel involved in has been cracked. The vast majority of people on here would have in their possession illegally pirated software and or music.

[furrycat]

Coach
I made a backup copy of Rugby League so I would not damage the original disc. It is not simple for an average joe to copy, because it does use an enhanced protection.

[furrycat]

Coach
StHelens said:
Matt M said:
I find this part from that site just funny

"please, please buy this like we did, we need more games like this and we
need to support the developers!
so if you try it and like it.
then buy it you tightarse."

If you want people to buy it then don't put it on a site you d**khead! If people download it and like it then why would they go and buy it, they already have it!

I was gonna post the same thing, just takes the piss really doesnt it! :roll:

How do you think they cracked it? They had to BUY the game themselves first... They do this so people can evaluate the game first and see if they like it... If they do, then most will buy it. Cracked versions of games have many disadvantages. I'm not supporting piracy in any shape or form, but that is why they put that notice in their notes...

By the way, IZOnews is not legal. It was formerly ISOnews before it was shutdown due to illegal content and the owner was jailed for 8 years... It contains illegal material + Mod chips... Don't post sites that give info on where to download the game illegally :p

Matt M

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]
StHelens said:
Matt M said:
I find this part from that site just funny

"please, please buy this like we did, we need more games like this and we
need to support the developers!
so if you try it and like it.
then buy it you tightarse."

If you want people to buy it then don't put it on a site you d**khead! If people download it and like it then why would they go and buy it, they already have it!

I was gonna post the same thing, just takes the piss really doesnt it! :roll:

How do you think they cracked it? They had to BUY the game themselves first... They do this so people can evaluate the game first and see if they like it... If they do, then most will buy it. Cracked versions of games have many disadvantages. I'm not supporting piracy in any shape or form, but that is why they put that notice in their notes...

By the way, IZOnews is not legal. It was formerly ISOnews before it was shutdown due to illegal content and the owner was jailed for 8 years... It contains illegal material + Mod chips... Don't post sites that give info on where to download the game illegally :p

So one person buys the game and then makes it available for free to anyone else. These games aren't out there to try, they are to download so people don't have to buy them. And that message isn't to discourage piracy, its just for legal reasons.

budz

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]I made a backup copy of Rugby League so I would not damage the original disc. It is not simple for an average joe to copy, because it does use an enhanced protection.
Yeah, i will definately be making a backup of my game too. I know all about the protection thats being used so it shouldnt be too bad to copy it.

Erhan

Juniors
I assume running it through CloneCD would do the trick ? Mind you, it's safely remaining in my CD-ROM tray so I don't think it'll get scratched :)

Nevertheless, I would still like a backup copy handy just in case.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Moderator's Explanation

Links to the site which offers downloads of 'Rugby League' have been edited out. It is not in the best interests of League Unlimited, HES, Sidhe or you the posters and game players to have the link publicly displayed on the site.

ngunity

Juniors
If there's one game that should not be pirated this year it's Rugby League.
Us RL fans need to purchase the game and support the developer so they'll be encouraged to support the community with patches, involve us in Beta tests, and hopefully build a Rugby League Franchise EA's MAdden style, so one day we'll have an RL game that has people saying :D/ more than :cry:

If RL ever gets 90% as good as Madden 2004 I'll be very poor, 'cause I'll have quit my job to play the game 24x7. I figure if I sell my car and live on rice and water I could last a while right? :D

Anyways don't pirate the game people [-X we Rugby League fans have the chance to have a game that is the sport we love. This 1st edition isn't exactly my idea of great, but so long as the developers are encouraged to improve their promising start we'll be cooking with gas soon enough.

Crippler

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Moderator's Explanation

Links to the site which offers downloads of 'Rugby League' have been edited out. It is not in the best interests of League Unlimited, HES, Sidhe or you the posters and game players to have the link publicly displayed on the site.

And where in the link does it say where you can download the game from?

Feej

First Grade
Just interested to know (although I doubt anyone would admit it), how many out there have "cracked" copies of Windows, Office , Photoshop etc?

I'm interested because of the way that everyone is saying things like "Anyone pirating RL should be shot" etc.

I totally agree that there should be no copying of this or any other software, but I think there might be some people with double standards, who probably think its ok to rip off MS, Adobe, Symantec et al, but not Sidhe.

Piracy is piracy.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

Anonymous

Juniors
I think most who have a copy of Photoshop would have it pirated... that baby is damned expensive. Me - I'm lucky. I have the identical but far cheaper Educational licensed version. There's some advantages of having an art teacher as a parent...

Briza

Juniors
Thats right, I'd like to see who here does not have one illegal software prog on their pc???
I understand peoples wishes to have another game next year or down the track, but hell, who here doesnt mind cracking the odd program??