What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ Injured?

Utey

Coach
I think of it like this, the gap between Pig/PJ to other guys is massive. Without these two guys I think we might struggle.

Bigfella

Coach
I don't know how convinced I am that the two hooker plan is as effective any more.

It had its moments in 2005, but it's hard to think of many games when both Riddell and PJ played strongly in 2006; I can think of some when one played well and you almost didn't want him to come off.

It was devastatingly effective in 2001, and still worked in 2002, but since then the game has changed significantly.

The best hookers atm play 80 minutes or close to; Farah, Buderus, Smith.

Also it was very much the brainchild of Smith; it will be interesting to see how Hagan approaches it, having had his success with an 80 minute hooker.

However, we have signed Ridell to a new term, and it seems to be expected that he will be regularly benched - so we must be planning on sticking with this approach for the forseeable future?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
However, we have signed Ridell to a new term, and it seems to be expected that he will be regularly benched - so we must be planning on sticking with this approach for the forseeable future?

well, i don't think he'd look too out of place in the backrow but I still believe there's life in the old Pig/PJ combo yet.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
ive always said, if we could put a fitness program in place for riddell, and get 70/80 mins out of him, he would make a great lock....but the problem has always been his time on the field...i think a lock needs to be an 80 min player!

MrT

Juniors
If PJ doesn't start the season, I'd have Green in 14 and have Finch slot in at dummy half while Green goes to 5/8 when Piggy comes off

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
If PJ doesn't start the season, I'd have Green in 14 and have Finch slot in at dummy half while Green goes to 5/8 when Piggy comes off

Stuart proved last year that he absolutely wasted Finch at dummy half..if we want another hooker in the side Keating has to be in front Blakey at this stege.

Latest posts