What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ Marsh contract extension

Hurriflatch

Referee
Haven't seen this posted which is a surprise (or it has been posted and I'm just going blind :lol: )

but according to Big League PJ looks set to extend his contract until the end of 2011

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Haven't seen this posted which is a surprise (or it has been posted and I'm just going blind :lol: )

but according to Big League PJ looks set to extend his contract until the end of 2011

:?

I love PJ to death but is it really necessary to extend it till then??? by than we may a representative hooker in our squad in Anthony Mitchell

V1er

Juniors
How do we go from trying to offload him for next year to signing him till 2011, seems like a bit too long for me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
V1er said:
How do we go from trying to offload him for next year to signing him till 2011, seems like a bit too long for me.

I guess it depends how much he signs for..I would say that the extension could be a downgrade to what he's currently on.

Hurriflatch

Referee
According to the report it made it seem like PJ wanted out but has changed his mind rather then Parra trying to offload him

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
According to the report it made it seem like PJ wanted out but has changed his mind rather then Parra trying to offload him

PJ always whated to stay..it was Jim Bannaghan that instigated the possible release.

forward pass

Coach
V1er said:

I didn't think the club were trying to offload him. I thought he asked for a release so he could shop around and maybe play halfback.

Anyway, I knew this ages ago. PJ told me when my son was 10 pin bowling with him !!!;-)

bradeel

Juniors
it did seem strange that this had gone on so long without a resolution. Glad to hear this news. There will be time for Matt Keating to come on. Way too much uncertainty in this physical game of ours with injury anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bradeel said:
it did seem strange that this had gone on so long without a resolution. Glad to hear this news. There will be time for Matt Keating to come on. Way too much uncertainty in this physical game of ours with injury anyway.

I actually have doubts about Matt keatings future at the club, he has 2 well established firstgrade hookers infront of him and a young hotshot who'll be destined for stardom coming through.

one things for certain, we're not short of depth in that area.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So he's here for 3 more seasons, how old is Anthony Mitchell 17??? so by then he will be ready to be our long term rake.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
So he's here for 3 more seasons, how old is Anthony Mitchell 17??? so by then he will be ready to be our long term rake.

I believe he will be ready by then but funnier things have happened.

WA Eel

Juniors
Given the number of "future stars" who's come and gone in the past, I'd rather keep PJ than be left praying that either Keating or Mitchell live up to the wraps.

bartman

Immortal
Happy with PJ staying on. Not sure about the money involved etc, but it seemed his manager wanted to try and get more, and came back empty handed.

Seriously, half of these players should punt these 10% managers that don't really do anything beyond what the player could do themselves...

I like the spark PJ adds to the team in his share of the combo with Riddell, and I guess for as long as we have Riddell we'll need someone who can play that role - not every young prospect could be the other half to that partnership easily.

Anyway, PJ is the type of player it would be handy to have around, even if younger guys are coming through he can adapt to a few positions when needed to make way or cover injury. It would have been wrong to keep Riddell in preference to him imo.

Latest posts