What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ Marsh contract extension

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra Guru said:
well i hope he sticks with his guns, no more umming and arring about what he wants to do

I don't think it was ever an issue, it was just his manager talking it up, maybe because not many of his high profile clients aren't off contract. but from what I was told his heart was always at Parra.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
I don't think it was ever an issue, it was just his manager talking it up, maybe because not many of his high profile clients aren't off contract. but from what I was told his heart was always at Parra.

so you're saying a manager would seek permission for his client to talk to other clubs without checking with the player first?

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish eel said:
so you're saying a manager would seek permission for his client to talk to other clubs without checking with the player first?

That's how he signed for the Warriors - he gave his manager power to sign a deal in his name. By the time he figured out he wasn't going to remain an Eel, it was too late.

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
That's how he signed for the Warriors - he gave his manager power to sign a deal in his name. By the time he figured out he wasn't going to remain an Eel, it was too late.

i just think they way the whole saga has been played out on these boards has been hysterical....from 'dont let the door hit you on the way out' (which ppl actually said), to he'll be no loss.....through to we'd be made to let him go and should keep him :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he is good value and no matter who else is available, he will always add value to our team or our bench

this is good news

Avenger

Immortal
In my opinion he is only behind Smith, Farah and Buderus as far as hookers are concerned.

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish eel said:
i just think they way the whole saga has been played out on these boards has been hysterical....from 'dont let the door hit you on the way out' (which ppl actually said), to he'll be no loss.....through to we'd be made to let him go and should keep him :lol:

:lol: True.

When I first heard he wanted to go, I was pissed. Where's the loyalty?

Much like Cannings - he owes us so much. Hagan has given him a fair go, he's in career-best form...And he's leaving. Bastard.

Bazal

Post Whore
I've got no issues with what Cannings is doing...he's got probably until his next injury left, he wants to make the most of his time in the game...footy players have to support families too and he may not have long left to make money from the game.

As for PJ...never wanted him to go, will be stoked if this is true

Eelementary

Post Whore
I understand that, mate, and to be honest I agree.

But a part of me is annoyed because he's strung more games together in First Grade this season under Hagan than ever before, and I would have thought he'd have liked to have shown his appreciation by re-signing.

But at least he did things right - it's not like he walked out or whatever. So I wish him the best of luck. Just envious that the Titans are picking up a quality player we invested so much money and time into, and they are reaping the benefits.

Bazal

Post Whore
He is quality, but like I said he's probably got one more injury left and it'll be his career...If the Tits are willing to pay what they have for him at that risk, good luck to them. He's been as good to us he could, but I;d be unhappy if we paid him that sort of deal in light of his injuries.

Phillips

Referee
Avenger said:
In my opinion he is only behind Smith, Farah and Buderus as far as hookers are concerned.

if he wasnt injured at the warriors.. he would have had a few australian jerseys, im sure of it

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
peej is a good player, i think it would be good to keep him at parra. gives 100% each game and can win a game for us and change the momentum when he is put on

Paranoid

Juniors
If he keeps up his good form into next season it would not surprise me to see him in No 14 QLD jersey now with selector's 'favorite" Berrigan gone.

That is if he is still avail for rep footy ?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
I actually have doubts about Matt keatings future at the club, he has 2 well established firstgrade hookers infront of him and a young hotshot who'll be destined for stardom coming through.

one things for certain, we're not short of depth in that area.

I appreciate the Mitchell may be doing very well now but 4 years is a long time. Who knows what will happen and how he will develop.

yy_cheng

Coach
I like him, I think he puts the most hits next to Benny in our team.

His aggression can spur on the rest of the players.

I still prefer Pig in the 2nd row.

Latest posts