What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ marsh might be available

cheese

Bench
solid example

but gordie is a 100+ keg man handler

peej is 50 kegs wringing wet, playing in quite possibly the most demanding defensive position of all

Im not knocking it ...i'd love him .....but i'd like to reward some of our toilers(unc, galls etc) with some tasty upgrades before we go putting to many eggs in not many baskets ......

Frenzy.

Post Whore
cheese said:
solid example

but gordie is a 100+ keg man handler

peej is 50 kegs wringing wet, playing in quite possibly the most demanding defensive position of all

Im not knocking it ...i'd love him .....but i'd like to reward some of our toilers(unc, galls etc) with some tasty upgrades before we go putting to many eggs in not many baskets ......

Yes. Sully is a lot smaller huh??

Not the manlove again??

:lol:

A lot depends on the type of Hooker Raper wants, after we after interchange hooker or do we want a 80min player in the position at the moment the Hilder/Sullivan is going ok.
I cant see Hilder being used as 80min option nor does Sullivan, so does Raper want to have Marsh as interchange role or go for him as 80 min version.

Before we go after Marsh, would like to see whichover hookers are available and also we want them to compliment Noddy & Dykes.

Further more good kicking game form Dummy half helps, might we worthwhile looking at Trent Young at Souths came down from Brisbane Easts with huge wraps, i think he just picked wrong club to go to

cheese

Bench
:lol: xxx

no no no

missed my point

im talking weight to neck injury to defensive workload ratio .....

bigger blokes have bigger muscles ....err neck muscles.....f**k

cheese

Bench
marsh wont move for another bench spot you wouldnt think ......thats the whole reason he's keen to test the market........due to tim smith, john morris and fatboy riddell keeping him on the bench at parra

imasharkie

Coach
We need a hooker.
Not Sully or Hilder but Dunley from Manly. He's a 80 minute player and smarter than both of them and unlike those two Dunley can pass the ball from DH.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I am disappointed because kinga came to Cronulla with big rapps from some QLD friends of mine.
he wont ever get a start at the Sharks unfortunately.
maybe the dogs will sign him?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
imasharkie said:
We need a hooker.
Not Sully or Hilder but Dunley from Manly. He's a 80 minute player and smarter than both of them and unlike those two Dunley can pass the ball from DH.

Careful Uncle! I suggested Dunley last year and was near run out of town.

Kingston is a gun. I'll readily admit it. But he's between a rock and hard place. If he gets elevated he has to get used to the pace etc, gain experience, form combinations etc. Well it has to be done sometime one would think but the longer Sully and Hilder are persevered with the harder it becomes to Kingston.

If he's to be our next hooker he needs to be in NOW. Especially as we seem to be semi bound. No point throwing him in the second round and going into semis with an "underdone" hooker.

No issues at all with blooding him but from a team point of view it should be ASAP

1,6,7,9 people. The magic numbers.

cheese said:
i really have no f**king idea

as honest as the day is long :lol:

marsh would edge sully at hooker for mine if i was picking between the two for a rep team. depends on availability, cost, etc.

i do think sully isn't being given a proper chance and has enough talent to to warrant a shot at developing into an 80 minute player and finding his proper niche in the gameplan.

doesn't defend as well as hilder but delivers better ball and offers more in attack and DHR