What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ Marsh

Parra2006

Juniors
what has PJ been eating? in the past few weeks his defense has been awesome!!!
He could always tackle, but in the past 2 months or so he has put on MASSIVE tackles on front rowers....

He has been as impressive as anyone in the past few weeks

Keep up the hard work PJ

-Gurueel-

Juniors
he's always been a solid performer. He definately adds another dimension to both our attack and defense.

The Colonel

Immortal
PJ has always been a cracker defensively. In 2000 against the Panthers at the SFS in the second semi-final he launched himself at Steve Carter who had been playing some great footy at that point and was leading the Panthers around the field. PJ belted him and dislocated Carters shoulder in the process.....

PJ had a great game and was involved in a running battle with Gallen who I believe played with PJ in the lower grades at the Eels. PJ earned a great penalty against him too after PJ gave him a bit of a push (and maybe a little punch) from dummy half and then took off to his left. Gallen made the tackle and went on with it in the tackle and was penalised. :lol:

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Marsh has been on fire recently, iv also noticed since the start of the year that both pj and pig have been running from dummy half alotmore. both hookers have been playing very well lately

gotta love seeing pj, probably the smallest guy in our team, lining up the biggest player he can find and just smashing them :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
he's up there with SBW as one of the best impact players in the game, i love the guy to death he epitomises what this club is about.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I always thought that PJ, once he got the confidence back from his neck injury, would be a very important part of our side. I now think his confidence is fully back and it is showing in his performances

Also until this year I really didn't realise what a cheeky little bugger he is. It's great as he always backs it up and for a small guy, gee he can hit hard at Bryce Gibbs would attest to.

varion

Juniors
Hes becoming very dangerous from Dummy half. Found that spark again PJ has, he really gets the opposition in trouble if we get fast play the balls. Hes always looking like hes gonna make a half break.

Kornstar

Coach
PJ took offence to the small elbow gave one of our players, before he darted out of Dummy Half he tapped Gallen and pointed to his elbow and said that it wasn't on, he then made Gallen look foolish and Gallen didn't like it, hence the penalty being awarded to us......it was great work by PJ

sooperdooper

First Grade
PJ marsh is a lil champ...

he does put some hits on... its about technique and timing. He is doing well in both areas..

spiderdan

Bench
watching pj in a defensive line his style reminds me of a gridiron player.

the guy has been able to put on big hits for a while but the last couple of years has been more consistent.

in his early days one of my mates who's been in footy circles for a while labled him soft. he now rates pj. i think it was last year when we demolished canberra, jason williams ran at pj. pj went on to put williams on his backside. it was a massive hit.

jayman

Juniors
wasnt there rumours about PJ leaving? midway through the season...as in his manager was shopping him around??

or was that all BS?

caylo

Bench
i dunno y qld have not played him, he would be such a good fold 4 smith... i do rate him up there with the best hookers in the comp. the thing is when u see a big hit, i.e SBW comes in from the side, and uses the players momentum to send him (if u look SBW never lines up som1 dead straight when he hits them, the smallest of angles makes a big difference). PJ comes in dead straight and launches himself... one of the guttiest players, every time he does that i think he is goin 2 break his neak again, i get scared. but he has such a good technique. i would have no problem with playing him 80min at hooker, where do u play riddell?? starting backrower?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
id say piss tim smith off and put PJ at half as an 80 minute player.

I mean lets face it, he tackles better, runs better, kicks better and is just visibly better than tim smith so why not use him for 80 mins

spiderdan

Bench
because overall tim is a better #7 jayjay.

tim has a better tactical kicking game, if you notice when pj puts in clearing kicks he doesn't find open space anywhere near as much as tim. tim also has a better passing game and is a better organiser.

pj may put bigger hits on people but tim is pretty much on par with him for effecting tackles.

Latest posts