What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PL Today

Anonymous

Juniors
Canberra lead Souths 18-6 with 25 to go.

Dont ask me tryscorers etc. as I saw the scoreboard over Russell Fairfax's shoulder when he was waffling on about the Souths/Brisbane match.

Kris_man

Bench
phil only one try? i dont think that will be enough to get him into first grade :( . then again, rod jensen in 2003 was living proof that elliott doesn't give a hoot about how many tries a player can get in premier league. actually, i think bulgarelli and robertson prove that elliott doesn't care about how many tries a player gets in first grade, either.

Kris_man

Bench
and that's just the opposite of how i think. tries are the essence of rugby league - not hit ups, or big hits, or high workloads, or mental maturity or anything like that. rugby league is about scoring tries and stopping the opposition from scoring tries. everything else comes second.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yah im not sure if he just got one
i just know that he got at least one caus they said so on 2gb
hopefully he got more

with results so far this week we are still alive
GO THE RAIDERS!!!

Evergreen

Juniors
kris_man said:
rod jensen in 2003 was living proof that elliott doesn't give a hoot about how many tries a player can get in premier league.

IMO Jensen's lack of first grade experience was down to the fact he could not handle NRL Rugby League i.e way too many dropped balls and stupid decisions. This is evident even this year with NQLD shunning him too.

Evergreen

Juniors
Fair enough. In no way am I questioning his potential, or his displays in PL, I just wish he could have kept it together when he got the call up.

Kris_man

Bench
Raider 69 said:
Jenson always choked in firsts, got a few cracks and had barry crockers
yeah, Jenson sucked. Jensen, however, was great, and still is. i just found it mind-boggling that he gave Rod one game, off the bench, to prove himself, yet he gave, and still continues to give, bums like robertson and bulgarelli loads of games, even though they're still yet to show any maturity, consistency or even talent.
and what's this about Rod choking?? i'm tired of hearing that. just about every game he played for us in 2002 he was great. he played for us when we beat the bulldogs after that salary cap drama, he scored 2 tries when we killed the broncos in round 25, and he had a cracker against the sharks early in the year.
elliott's rejection of Rocket Rod, along with his lengthy stand down of Phil, are the two things which put me against him. and who did he drop them for? bulgarelli! robertson! mogg! :evil: (sorry guys, but mogg was crap last year)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rocket Rod was a fantastic reggies player, but he never made the step up into consistant footy in firsts... and yes ive seen elliot retain blokes like that with Drew, Bulgarelli etc, but two wrongs dont make a right

Kris_man

Bench
how can you say that when he was only given one first grade game, off the bench, in 2003??? how are you supposed to play consistent footy in firsts when youre not even selected?! and if you say that he was no good in 2002 when he was selected, then i simply disagree.

Latest posts