What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PL V Sharks

roopy

Referee
Newsroom
Knights v Sharks Premier League Round 7

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v SHARKS AT TOYOTA PARK
5.30PM SATURDAY, 22 APRIL 2006
PREMIER LEAGUE
Coach: David Fairleigh
  1. Nathan Hinton
  2. David Seage
  3. James McManus
  4. Luke Hession
  5. Trent Salkeld
  6. Brad Tighe
  7. Luke Walsh
  8. Brendan Worth
  9. Luke Quigley (c)
  10. Luke Davico
  11. Dustin Cooper
  12. Chris Bailey
  13. Michael Young
INTERCHANGE
  1. Matthew White
  2. Matthew Kennedy
  3. Matthew Thurston
  4. Daniel Abraham
  5. Mitchell Steel
Abraham will probably a slow start with limited time on the field - but Davico should be going all out to push for a firstgrade spot.

I don't think we will lose a thing at Halfback with Walsh coming in for Mullen. Mullen was still learning the ropes, and Walsh is just a brilliant halfback.

We moved into the top 8 with our big win last week, and a game against the 4th placed Sharkies will see if we can maintain the form needed to make the semis.

Jono078

Referee
Great to see Abraham back :D.

Should be a few weeks before he make FG though, maybe by round 10 or 11..

Will be good to see how they go with Walsh at Halfback aswell. And hopefully Davico has another strong game which sees him playing the Rabbitohs next week :).

RABK

Referee
Hope Abes come back goes well, and i hope Davico really rips in this week.

Well done to Walshy, little champion. He'll do well. Erin, Chris Bailey is proving to be quite the player, nothing overly special but very solid and consistent in his work.

antonius

Coach
Walsh will be fine, he's got class that fella, and good luck to Abes, I'm crossing everything I've got for him to make a successful comeback.

Frederick

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
Chris Bailey is proving to be quite the player, nothing overly special but very solid and consistent in his work.
So he's already better than his brother? ;-)

benno

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
So he's already better than his brother? ;-)

He was already better then him whilst playin with the Northen Blues:lol: Anyone see his offload for the brown try on wkend...freakin sweet as

Macca616

Juniors
Can someone please tell me how mitch steel is going? I note he was out last week and is on the very end of the bench this week. Anyone know whats doing there?
Cheers

antonius

Coach
Macca616 said:
Can someone please tell me how mitch steel is going? I note he was out last week and is on the very end of the bench this week. Anyone know whats doing there?
Cheers
He's looked good everytime I've seen him play, trouble is we are overloaded at the moment, and there's a bit of a rotation system happening with players to give them game time.

knights9

Juniors
Does anyone have more info on Luke Walsh like age, height, weight, a pic, how long he's contract is at the knights? because the Knights site doesnt have anything on him.

Jedda

Juniors
Luke Hession seems to have cemented himself one of the centre spots. Does he look to have the makings of a first grader or just a competent premmy leaguer? I remember he wasn't considered a big loss by Tigers fans yet he appears to have played all Premier games for us this year.

Ben

Bench
Jedda said:
Luke Hession seems to have cemented himself one of the centre spots. Does he look to have the makings of a first grader or just a competent premmy leaguer? I remember he wasn't considered a big loss by Tigers fans yet he appears to have played all Premier games for us this year.
I think i saw him once when he played for the Tigers. From memory, had a solid game but didn't stand out with doing anything special. But you never know, he may have improved heaps since joining the Knights.

antonius

Coach
The games I've seen Hession play he's been impressive. Bailey has been killing it in Premmy league.

antonius

Coach
I'm hoping Roopy went to the game, or someone from here, I'm hanging to know How Daniel Son goes.

benno

Juniors
6 to go in the game sharks 34 knights 18....we were down 34 - 6 woo slight come back...fingers crossed on abes