What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Played it today and......

Dragon

Coach
It rocked my socks!

Went in to Gamesmen Wollongong and played for about 40 mins all by myslef :D

I first played as the Dragons Vs the Sharks @ WIN stadium, and as soon as i kicked off i was grinning with joy. The stadium was so impressive, every detail spot on. I was playing on the Reserve dificulty so it took me a couple of games to get the hang of things. The first game i played i lost 6-4. I then played a rematch and won 16- 4, with Nathan Blacklock getting injured. Bailey (from the sharks) and some other Sharks player got injured, whilst Beattie was sin binned for a spear tackle!

Then it was off to Oki Jubilee against the Doggies, and only played there for half a game cuz i wanted to see as many stadiums as possible. I then played at Telstra stadium ST helens V Newcastle, and the Knights are a gun team. It seemed that once they were on a roll, its very hard to get back into the match.

I also played against the Panthers at Penrith in the wet and they seem to play like they do in real life. They were hard to shut down. As you would expect, there ara a few more knock-ons in the wet. I threw a nice ball onto the chest of Brent Kite, and surprise surprise, he knocked it on (this game is VERY realistic ;-) )

This game feels like rugby league. When i first started playing i was offloading the ball in my own 20m, and was getting punished for it. I soon learned to play as you would in real life, using the forwards out of my own half, and it works a treat.

Defence will take some getting used to, and can be disorganised, but the tackle animations are perfect, and there are lots of them.

Kicking was the only thing i couldnt get the hang of, but i managed to put up a couple of bombs, and a grubber. The ball bounces nicely and Joey Johns seemed to have no problem finding touch 5m from my goal line..bastard.

Anyway, cant wait till Friday, if ur in the Illawarra u should check the game out.

Crippler

Juniors
every review I read some play gets Sin Binned!

Hopefully this doesnt happen often

Also what machine did u play on

-JJ-

Juniors
I then played at Telstra stadium ST helens V Newcastle, and the Knights are a gun team.

What % (rough estimate) of the seats were taken up in that one?

Kicking was the only thing i couldnt get the hang of, but i managed to put up a couple of bombs, and a grubber.

Did you have any tries directly resulting from kicks?

Munky

Coach
I played it today at Gamesmen Penrith and it was fun. Gol mentions in the review that the X-Box controller isn't up to it. I reckon the controllers are all just stuffed. The right trigger on one control didn't even work! I could pass! This happen with on all controllers on every console put out on display even PS2.

Dragon

Coach
Yeah Munky, one of the controls in Wollongong is stuffed so i used the 2p one.

Crippler, it was on X-box

-JJ- The ST Helens V Knights game was roughly half full at Telstra. The other games were full. I had no tries from kicks, but i didnt practice them enough.

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah, that controller was rooted, the D-pad didn't work very well, but the a-stick worked alright. My biggest complaint was how hard it was to bash the A button on the xbox, since it isn't flat it makes it a bit harder, I think that'll be easier on PS2, same with stepping and fending on the black and white, they'll be easier using the shoulders. I just wasn't a fan.

Crippler

Juniors
yeh the ps2 controller sounds the best

I am going to use one with a convertor with my xbox to get the best of both worlds.

I hope the dpad on the ps2 works well.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Crippler said:

I am going to use one with a convertor with my xbox to get the best of both worlds.

matie use the analogue stick heaps easier

ive been practising getting use to the Ps2 controller by playing FIFA

Rockn

Juniors
Crippler said:

Where do you get the convertors from??

As long as you look after your controller the xbox controller will be fine but I would recomend the S controller flat buttons easy for speed burst and triggers for passing! that will own!