What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Rod

Bench
Crichton definitely should have passed that last one. In his defence he is a man possessed this year.

perverse

Referee
Bradman made both his club teammates look like absolute mugs, as expected. Great that none of them are injured, although Braddys lip is going to need a few stitches, lol.

So happy for Best. One of our few homegrown talents truly living up to their potential. I don't know how they can leave him out of the Origin team, but 3 doesn't go into 2. I wonder if they'll consider Latrell off the bench or something really left field.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Best had a good game despite a couple of errors. His work rate was immense and came up with some big plays.

Gags looked alright with the ball but struggled to contain Best which wasn’t entirely unexpected.

KP looked dangerous in little patches but didn’t get a lot of opportunities. Hopefully all three can back up this weekend.

Woody90

Juniors
I feel like KP’s going to cop some miss placed criticism for not coming on and saving QLD, but there wasn’t really anything he could do. No opportunities.

Woody90

Juniors
Bradman made both his club teammates look like absolute mugs, as expected. Great that none of them are injured, although Braddys lip is going to need a few stitches, lol.

So happy for Best. One of our few homegrown talents truly living up to their potential. I don't know how they can leave him out of the Origin team, but 3 doesn't go into 2. I wonder if they'll consider Latrell off the bench or something really left field.

I think between Bradman and Latrell you can probably 95% expect that at least one of them will be injured at some point during next series.

perverse

Referee
KP won't have any trouble backing up. Bradman and Gags likely to be stuffed but I don't see why they wouldn't back up either, we need them. We don't play until Sunday, so plenty of time to rest up.
I feel like KP’s going to cop some miss placed criticism for not coming on and saving QLD, but there wasn’t really anything he could do. No opportunities.
I don't think he'll cop that much. As you said, limited opportunities and it's not like Walsh, who was out there for 80, broke the game wide open either. They tried to bring KP on when NSW were getting tired, but the problem was that his teammates were even more knackered than NSW were.

Apey

Staff member
Gagai is lucky we almost entirely avoided going to Best in the QLD 20 tbh. I reckon Best could have steamrolled over him with some good ball. It all went to Crichton instead though.

Bit of a mixed bag for Best but hey he held onto it when it counted the most right?

perverse

Referee
Gagai is lucky we almost entirely avoided going to Best in the QLD 20 tbh. I reckon Best could have steamrolled over him with some good ball. It all went to Crichton instead though.

Bit of a mixed bag for Best but hey he held onto it when it counted the most right?
All is forgiven when you have a hero moment like that. He had a few really big moments outside of that as well and worked hard. The drop balls probably bring an 11/10 down to an 8/10 or something i guess.