What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player agrees to terms with Eels for less money

benoir91

Juniors
Today on 2GB when they were reading out the eels line up, they said something about a player agreeing to re sign with us for less monet, I only changed the channel to 2GB early enough to hear that but not the players name.

Can anyone help?

strider

Post Whore
i think it was claimed joey g stayed for less than manly offered???

of course 2gb only bitch about such things if manly look like getting the rough end of the pineapple

mickdo

Coach
As others have mentioned, Joe said this afternoon that he is still talking to Manly, but would be happy to stay at Parra should that not work out

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Today on 2GB when they were reading out the eels line up, they said something about a player agreeing to re sign with us for less monet, I only changed the channel to 2GB early enough to hear that but not the players name.

Can anyone help?

As time goes on many Eels players will be adjusting their contract values to create the room to not only share the wealth around but to also forge the bonds of true mateship/brotherhood. This attitude is part of the cause of the Eels Golden Age coming about.

Boooooo Casper
icon7.gif

strider

Post Whore
wow - you really talk the talk casper :lol: ... you know all the good cliches :lol:

Gaffman

Juniors
I like big Joe. I like his workrate. I even like that stupid footwork before the line that fools nobody :)

Eels Dude

Coach
Easily prefer him to Hauraki and Oake... but with them under contract for another year and taking up a portion of our salary cap it's a shame we can't offer him that much. As a bench first grader 150k is quite reasonable. If he's willing to sign for less due to family reasons it would make sense he stays at Parra.

bartman

Immortal
Oake's leaving I think... I remember someone posting that he had written something cryptic on his Twitter/Facebook page to that effect?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't think Oake is actually leaving, I think he just reacted to media reports suggesting that the club were willing to offload him.

Latest posts