What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player contracts

ElectricEel

Juniors
I thought it might be a good idea to discuss where our players are contract wise.

Like, who is with us for the next few years, whos contract is up this year etc.

We know Cayless is signed until 2010, Hindy signed a long term contract a little while back, but what about Fui, Reddy, Burt etc??

And what about our juniors?

bartman

Immortal
From http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=326690

Off contract end of 2009.

David Baumann
Josh Cordoba
Joe Galuvao
Kevin Kingston
Todd Lowrie
Greg Nichols
Matt Raftery
Callan Richardson
Jeff Robson
Tim Robinson
Taulima Tautai
Marty Lewis
Albert Kelly
Anthony Mitchell
Nathan Gardner
Etu Uaisele
Broderick Wright
Jeremy Latimore
Junior Paulo

Off contract end of 2010:

Luke Burt
Nathan Cayless
Eric Grothe
Fui Fui Moimoi
Weller Hauraki
Jarryd Hayne
Krisnan Inu
Kris Keating
Feleti Mateo
Brendan Oake
Daniel Mortimer

Sourced from : http://dazrl.awardspace.info/2009_mov.htm

I have updated the list with some re-signings that we recently made.

bartman

Immortal
I think we'll see a two stage recruitment - DA worrying about getting the best value for our free dollars for next year (which has started with Poore and Shackleton instead of Lowrie/Cordoba), and then thinking who of the 2010 crew he wants to keep for longer.

Fui's getting older, but I think he'll still have another two decent years in him after 2010. He's playing his best form of his career this year imo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it'll be interesting to see DA shapes up the 2011 roster, which currently looks very bare atm..

Nathan Hindmarsh
Justin Poore
Shane Shackleton
Ben Smith
Joel Reddy
Matt Keating

are the only players that make up the fulltime squad atm....certainly plenty of money available.

Avenger

Immortal
it'll be interesting to see DA shapes up the 2011 roster, which currently looks very bare atm..

Nathan Hindmarsh
Justin Poore
Shane Shackleton
Ben Smith
Joel Reddy
Matt Keating

are the only players that make up the fulltime squad atm....certainly plenty of money available.

From the current 25, Hayne, Mannah (already signed until 2011) and Mateo will certainly be in his plans.

Stagger eel

Staff member
From the current 25, Hayne, Mannah (already signed until 2011) and Mateo will certainly be in his plans.

yep, Hayne and Mateo should be looked at now for an extension although it wouldn't surprise me if both players wait until next year to determine their future

TheRam

Coach
Jeez Sika Manu played well again today. He is such a good player. I would really love for us to have a good crack at him when he comes off contract at the end of 2010. He is the perfect player to compliment Fui Fui and J Poore.

Pazza

First Grade
i don't know with Poore, Fui, Hindmarsh, Shacks, Mateo and Mannah we have invested a lot of money in our pack. I'd rather us chase an experienced play maker.

caylo

Bench
i wonder how many more years Fui will have in the NRL?
people seem to expect pasific islanders to hop on a plan asap... I think Fui could be here for another 2-4 years and he would prob still cut it. He has good acceleration and hits hard and not much will change if he stays fit TBH.

We have the likes of Hindy, Poore, Shack, Mannah and Reddy in the squad for 2011. Hayne, Inu(for less money IMO), Mateo, KK will stay IMO. That makes up bascially most of our starting pack, one half, a fullback and 2 centres. Relaistically the important positions that arnt filled would be a half (still depends on some of our jnrs) but we could possibly chase a Thurston come 2010. Mitchell will probably take the #9 jersey in the next year IMO and MK will still be 2011 so that is prob filled aswell.

If we can keep Hayne, Inu, KK and Mateo I think we have the making of a very good team for 2010-2011 with the forward pack we will be able to bost. I must say that I am still very confident about KK at halfback, even though he is not a natural halfback I think his ability to learn and adapt his game quickly makes him the perfect fold for guys like Mateo, Hayne and Inu o feed off.

natheel

Coach
i cant see Fui going anywhere else really, hes kind of like Hindy and Burty loves the jersey hes playing for!!! and u can see it in his performances especially lately.

i think hayne will look for bigger money though but i hope he doesnt sign with another club.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And don't forget guys we have the services of B Smith till the end of 2012.......

:lol: argh yes, another Hagan masterstroke, sign the guy to a 4 year deal after a f**king knee reconstruction or whatever it was before other clubs pounce:lol: and just to make sure he isn't swooped upon, sign him to a 4 year deal:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ben til 2012... biggest fkn joke

what's even scarier was the fact that many on this board at the time applauded the move:lol: i f**king didn't, and was quite vocal about it, yet i was critisised from earlobe to arsehole for saying as such.

Might have to dig into the archives on my holidays for sh*ts and giggles:lol: