What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player of the Year voting v Bulldogs

Timbo

Staff member
3-Howell. Aside from his first mistake he was excellent.
2-Learoyd-Lahrs. Always looked for the ball.
1-Thurling. This guy is a monster.

waltzing Meninga said:
I don't understand why people on here rate tommo so highly. Sure he tries his guts out every week and does a fair amount of work, but hardly any of it is quality. Yesterday he had no impact at all when we needed it. He would not get a start in first grade at almost every other club in the comp

Heart is what our team seem to missing at the moment...

Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
Heart is what our team seem to missing at the moment...

No, what our team misses is impact, Someone who dents the defensive line every time they run the ball, someone that attracts lots of defenders, giving the backs some space to work with. Something Tommo never provides. I admire his passion and attitude, but he just doesn't cut the mustard at this level IMO

Timbo

Staff member
Thankyou! I've been saying that forever!

Rutcho offered more than he did. Actually Rutcho was a legend no matter how you looked at it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
who was it that rutcho chased down from the scrum? had no hope of catching him yet some how pulled it off... cant quite recall who it was but ill always remember rutcho for that effort

paulquinn49

Bench
Tongue 3 points (was our best halfback on field, those run arounds were pretty awesome)

Howell 1
TLL 1
Thurling 1

Timbo

Staff member
No Gasnier was fairly well established.

Created the Rutcho legend, I think it was the play of the day on Sports Tonight.

PRKLCD

Juniors
Who picks man of the match at the ground? they have no idea. Suprised they didn't give it to smith

1 thomo
2. tounge

reptar

Juniors
Yes - Tongue provided most of the spark in attack. Although the spark in our attack this weekend reminded me of the spark plugs in my crappy old Corona - clogged up with oil.

Yet he did prove that a play as simple as a wrap-around is still quite effective.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
who was it that rutcho chased down from the scrum? had no hope of catching him yet some how pulled it off... cant quite recall who it was but ill always remember rutcho for that effort

I will always remember Rutcho for taking out Phil Gould's man of the match against the Sharks, however not one person on the eastern seaboard sent his name in by sms and took out the MOTM competition :lol: :lol:

He was pretty average in my opinion.

greeneyed

First Grade
Quinny do you vote every week on Howell's hair? Honestly! He let in two tries directly to the Dogs!

greeneyed

First Grade
Also how Carney didn't get more points over here is beyond me! He scored our only two tries. If only Smith had been hooked earlier, Carney could have taken control and got us into the match earlier. Plus Schif was a champion covering up at the back!

greeneyed

First Grade
And Chalk did NOTHING! Learoyd-Lahrs and Thurling were the better performers of a dominated pack, but overall they were awful...

Latest posts