What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Reviews of 7's

Eelementary

Post Whore
Unfortunately, I could not attend.

I did however watch the semis and final on TV and noticed that a few players looked good.

What is the opinion of you guys? Who played brilliantly? WHo played bad? Who was surprising?

bartman

Immortal
Someone had really thorough player ratings up - but that was not me!

I saw Saturday's games live, and Sunday's televised final two games.

Luke Burt to me was the standout, partly because it had been so long since I had seen him in action, but his speed, skills and knowledge still impressed me.

Hopkins was probably my next best rating, his enthusiasm and level of effort is outstanding. Lyon gave his all as always, and has skills that other players would trade their left :shock: for!

Everyone is raving about Dykes, and he looked good on TV on Sunday, but I thought he was shocking in Saturday's first game against the Sharks, in both attack and defence? I'm glad to hear he "warmed up" on the second day, and hope it bodes well for the season ahead.

For mine Morris and Witt were solid and fulfilled their roles without bursting out of their skins. Peeky did OK, as the only larger forward in the squad I thought he performed his role capably. Grothe seemed enthusiastic and capable of an impact, which was pleasing too see.

Ronnie Prince looked good on Saturday before hurting his leg. Vaealiki was OK but not in peak form, though he made a few good runs and tackles on Saturday. Didn't get to see Pai or Widders live.

bartman

Immortal
Thank you for spotting that! I believe I was thinking about M Witt when I should have been typing "Wags"!

So to rephrase, I thought Morris and Wagon played solid, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Jic Jarrett

Juniors
Widders was in my mind, the eels best on the 2nd Day. A bloke his size running like a centre, and hitting gaps as well as over defenders, plus his stepping was magical too watch.

Latest posts