What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player unrest at the Cows?

Sphagnum

Coach
Coen Hess after another missed tackle on the midget opposition half who ran straight at him.

drago-full.jpg

Knight76

Juniors
do you need to be a coach that can get players to "play for them" rather than just be professional and do their job.

The coaches up the top being Bennet, Robinson and Bellamy all are those types of coach.

The overly technical, say it how it is tough love types, are they succeeding at clubs?

This bloke Payton seems like a very analytical guy, but from the outside doesn't look like he is the type of bloke players warm to or want to do well for.

Next up he will be doing the old, anybody who doesn't want to be here there is the door bit, except you Clifford, you stay right where you are!

Mr Spock!

Referee
do you need to be a coach that can get players to "play for them" rather than just be professional and do their job.

The coaches up the top being Bennet, Robinson and Bellamy all are those types of coach.

The overly technical, say it how it is tough love types, are they succeeding at clubs?

This bloke Payton seems like a very analytical guy, but from the outside doesn't look like he is the type of bloke players warm to or want to do well for.

Next up he will be doing the old, anybody who doesn't want to be here there is the door bit, except you Clifford, you stay right where you are!
Yeah, won't have endeared himself to the playing group with his comments in his first couple of games.

Probably shows the pressure he's under.

You get teams to play for you by building relationships and trust. That way when you do give a rocket, it has real meaning.

Someguy

First Grade

I recall the tigers players at some point pushing for Payton to be their coach. Must be something likeable about him but seems he has got off to a very poor start with the cowboys players

butchmcdick

Immortal
It's rebuild time for the Cows, they need to take a punt on some juniors and bring them through. Plenty of talent up that way.

like who ?

there really isn’t anyone knocking down the door to get into first grade

We didn’t resign the following players to build the squad we have now

kikau
Ponga
The cheese
Jerome Hughes
Uele
Both Kaufusi brothers

seems to me we let the wrong players go and retained players well past there best or players who came to us but are shit eg

mcclean
Hampton
Marsters
Barba
Nene Mc Donald
Mc guide

coolumsharkie

Referee
like who ?

kikau
Ponga
The cheese
Jerome Hughes
Uele
Both Kaufusi brothers

seems to me we let the wrong players go and retained players well past there best or players who came to us but are shit eg

mcclean
Hampton
Marsters
Barba
Nene Mc Donald
Mc guide

I'm talking about juniors, Qld Cup, you still have a big nursery. Time for a rebuild is all I suggested. Didn't say it was going to happen overnight.

You could add Holmes to that first list, we saw his best I think. Mind you he came through our systems which has been really good in the last decade so you will get value if you ignore the price tag. Nene can't make our side he's been on the extended bench since last year. Barba would have been great if he wasn't such a headcase. Can understand your gripe.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
like who ?

kikau
Ponga
The cheese
Jerome Hughes
Uele
Both Kaufusi brothers
e

there’s a few others as well whose names escapes me.

it was all Paul Green’s doing. Dumb, dumb dumb

Latest posts