What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players not playing on Easter Sunday

ouwet

Bench
Inferno said:
They will have the last laugh when the rest of their teammates are in hell...

or maybe not.

I think if you are a professional and you know from the start you may have to be playing on religious holidays you should either take the job and work them, or find a different job.

Not too many jobs I know where they would let you off for a religious holiday.

Well i don't know about you but i don't work on Good Friday or Easter, neither do i work on Christmas day... Easter is a Public holiday and if these people don't believe they should play then good for them!!!

Breadman

Juniors
If you look at it from the clubs point of view they definately made the right decision.
You can try to enforce these 4 to play which will no doubt make them rather digruntled and possibly not want to be there anymore OR you let them have a round off.

Woods99

Juniors
Sunday is a day of total inactivity in Tonga, virtually nothing is open except the churches.

Easter Sunday is a particularly special day for Tongans, there is a kava ceremony after church which all the young men attend. It would be hard to play any kind of serious sport after kava.

dubby

Bench
JK said:
Because my work makes me take enforced shutdown over the period.

I am not happy about it either. I would prefer to take my leave when I want to go away on holiday, not some time chosen out of a story book. :evil:

On your first point, what is your line of work?

On your second, it sounds like you would be happy to work over the Easter & Xmas period. Have you let your employers know this? Maybe you could work it next year? You would have to be the first Aussie ever to complain about a day off!
The times are not selected out of the Bible. Easter is a lunar event, and there is no evidence to say December 25 is CHrists b'day.

>zuzu<

Juniors
I dont have any problems with it. So what? They have an agenda outside football..Should they get criticised for it? I think not!