What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players Resting for Souths

smi962

First Grade
ABC Grandstand are reporting six players, including Soward, Young, Smith, Merrin, Prior, someone else? will be rested tonight. Cameron King is one of the players to be promoted onto the bench for his debut.

I guess we will see soon.

hardbaby

Coach
Yes well that might be a mistake. Manly just got rolled so they finish 8th. Stewart and Rodney are out. Matai and Bailey will be suspended. Maybe King as well. Foran did his shoulder (I think). Watmough is walking wounded. And they are playing like crap. Easy beats.

But if we play an understrength side and lose by more than 5 to Souths, they finish 8th. Who would you rather play? Bear in mind if we win next week, we have a week off and rest up the whole side....

alan89

Juniors
Geez if they rest the above players, I think Souths will win by more than the required 5 points to make the finals. Not only that, it will give the Rabbitohs huge momentum heading into the do or die clash against the Dragons in the finals..

AJ_82

Juniors
Fox Sports has official said no Hornby, Soward, J Smith or D Young!

Cam King to debut from the bench. Also, Souths now know what they need to do as Burgess is being interviewed and knows what they have to do to win!

j0nesy

Bench
The halves went alright.

A bit weak around the fringe in defence, but that's to be expected with Young and Smith out.

TheRev

First Grade
- The 6 & 7 were obviously in need of a rest, but it turned out a master-stroke, how much confidence did Fein, Boyd, Stanley get from the game, thats exactly what we need in the Finals if Soward is heavily targeted/injured (which does happen).

- Stanleys goal-kicking.. what the... I mean it wasnt a finals game, and I dont know where we could fit him in a full-strength squad.. but damn boy..

- I was also excited to see King get a game, shame he got a quick football lesson from Dave Taylor though :p

Stagger Lee

Bench
- The 6 & 7 were obviously in need of a rest, but it turned out a master-stroke, how much confidence did Fein, Boyd, Stanley get from the game, thats exactly what we need in the Finals if Soward is heavily targeted/injured (which does happen).

- Stanleys goal-kicking.. what the... I mean it wasnt a finals game, and I dont know where we could fit him in a full-strength squad.. but damn boy..

If Browny was still the boss Soward would be dropped for the finals and Stanley would be in :lol: :lol:

Another wayne bennet masterstroke ... that guy is a genius :crazy:

Latest posts